Suggestions on equipment

C

cookiemonster

Hi all

Im no artist but I would like to get into this airbrushing.
Airbrushing my old surfboards is the reasoning for wanting to buy an airbrushing kit.
Simple striping and some stenciling is what ill be using it for but with the room for advancement.

Can anyone suggest a good quality, durable and somewhat quiet airbrushing kit. My budget is around $300 for a brand new kit....i dont buy used stuff

cool site thanks!

Would you be able to tell me the difference between the Iwata eclipse BS airbrush v.s. Iwata eclipse CS airbrush

both have the .35 mm nozzle but the cs has a 1/3 oz cup, the bs has 1/16 oz cup....hope that helps

both have the .35 mm nozzle but the cs has a 1/3 oz cup, the bs has 1/16 oz cup....hope that helps

Oh.... that leads me to my next question.....i can attach a bottle to the gun when needed, correct?

you beat me too it...LOL and the BCS which is a bottom feed has a .5 , The CS is a work horse and parts are affordable.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Does your kit budget include paint? Then I would go for the 155 Anthem if you want to use interchangeble bottles. The gun and the parts are cheaper then the Iwata Eclipse. And you can pick up a better compressor like a California Air for the rest.

No, it doesn't include paint. i think that gun will work, i think the bottle will cut down me refilling since im painting old surfboards. That compressor is quiet but its also big, anything just as good but smaller?

Sorry to butt in on your thread. But your user name reminded me of a VERY important issue. I was wearing a cookie monster t shirt at the muppet theatre in Disney last year (yes, I really am that immature, but c'mon who doesn't love the CM?), and the staff there said they want to rebrand him as the VEGGIE monster!!!!!! To promote healthy eating, or something. IS NOTHING SACRED!!!!! My kids grew up with him, and they are both skinny minnies. Will they put Oscar the grouch into a condo because they don't want to promote living in a trash bin? Will they take the count to the dentist and remove his fangs to stop kids wanting to drink blood? Give snufflupagus rhinoplasty because his nose is too big? Where will it end!!!!!!!!!

Save the cookie Monster!

Hello ! The Iwata power jet lite will hold the higher psi and work for long periods of time without moisture issues . The CA Airtools units are great for both noise and CFM . If your painting surfboards you may want to use a touch up gun or spraygun in the future . The Ca Airtools units can offer this . When painting on surfboards I find we are often laying them flat and preference gravity feed brushes for the angle .
Also they work at lower PSI . We have a video on painting a surfboard on coastairbrushtv.com if you would like to check it out .
If you go with the power jet lite it comes with a 10 foot hose . If you go with the ca Airtools mention that I said you could have a braided 10 foot hose for free that would connect the Iwata .
Sometimes I recomend calling us so we can feel out what things you would like to do with the compressor so we can can get you into right choice . We also offer lifetime service on airbrushes and compressors .
Coastairbrush.com

Back