For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Tablet/Projector coming out

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Boltcase, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Boltcase

Boltcase Detail Decepticon!

Here's something some of you might be interested in (I know I am). For approx $499 USD Lenovo is coming out with a tablet that has a built in projecter...advertised up to 50" projection. Just when you thought you'd seen it all. I havent found a realease date though. Heres the link.
    http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/landingpage/yoga-tablet-2/#a-new-way-to-binge-watch
  2. Kasey24

Kasey24 Needle-chuck Ninja

That is cool.
  3. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

I just got an email about this because I was silly enough to register my new laptop at lenovo, I had a look at it, it seems only the most expensive one is fitted with the projector, and I don't think it's that handy being positioned side on.

As cool as it seems, I wouldn't buy it since I'm not that impressed with my new laptop, my old one was an Acer and it had everything (except projector) I could plug in my guitar and Boss ME50 effects pedal and record or just listen, the sound was excellent as was the video quality, my Lenovo literally has nothing relating to sound at all except for a headset socket, the sound that comes out of it sounds like it's coming out of a tin, so if I want to play my guitar or have decent sound on anything else I have to buy a separate device which obviously takes up one of the usb ports and there are only two, my old one had four.

If anything goes wrong with the projector after purchase your left with keyboard-less computer with a cool looking lens on the side, lenovo would probably serve the people better if they got their existing stuff up to the same standard as HP and Acer instead playing around with useless gadgetry, Until Lenovo came on the scene, Packard Bell had the honour of being the worst computer manufacturer ever, now they will have to settle for second place, lol

If this projector was in an Acer or Samsung tablet I would definitely buy it, until that happens this one can stay where it is.

As you probably have worked out, Lenovo is not my friend, lol

P.S. Out of every laptop that was sitting the shop every single one of them had an integrated Blue Ray player except all the lenovo, :thumbsdown:
  4. matty171

matty171 Air-Valve Autobot!

Would you recommend a Lenovo then MB
  5. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

I certainly would, but to anyone who ever upset me, or my in-laws, lol, when my in-laws come round and look at my computer and they say wow that looks nice, I say It's great, go and get yourself one right now, ha ha ha
    Mr.Micron and Boltcase like this.
  6. Boltcase

I cant say anything negative or positive about Lenovo as I've never owned one but the concept is awesome. Hopefully some larger and more established tablet companies will follow suit. It would be an awesome artist tool for sure.
  7. matty171

lol your mad as fcuk mate, i like your style.
  8. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

The concept is indeed innovative B, just the wrong manufacturer, I'm sure that because they've done it the better names will follow suit, so I personally would wait.

You don't need to take any notice of what I say, that was just my own personal based on a bad experience, I just don't want to give them the chance to disappoint me further.

If you do get one, I would get it from a local dealer as opposed to online ordering, a demo might possible that way, if you do, do us a review:thumbsup:
    Boltcase likes this.
  9. MeeshellMP

MeeshellMP Goddess Queen of carts Mod

OHHHHHHHHHHH!! Im so adicted to my tablet!! This would be the best of both worlds!!
    Boltcase likes this.
  10. Boltcase

Gettin approval from the wife for a tablet after I already own one will be a feat like no other seen in this or any universe..lol. I will more than likely be reading someone elses review before I read my own my friends :) :)
    Madbrush and MeeshellMP like this.
  11. Jonny Dexter

Jonny Dexter Double Actioner

Personally, i don't think you are going to be too impressed with the Atom processor in something like this. I had a quick look and nothing jumped out about the Atom speeds but i have a net book with one in and it doesn't fair too well in most multimedia environments ( never tried it directly wired to router to be fair always wireless in the attic). the best (non Apple) tablet i have seen running was using a Nvidia Tegra chip ( Tegra 2 i think), so would probably be more inclined to wait for someone to put one out with the Tegra4 in it and pay a little extra.
    Didn't Lenovo buy out (take over) the IBM laptop division? As far as being worse than Packard Bell, i would reserve judgement on that one.
    Madbrush likes this.
  12. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

I actually do agree that there probably isn't anything worse than Packard Bell, I just thought it was a good opportunity to get rid of some my stress, lol
  13. matty171

While we are on the subject of projectors i was thinking if getting a wee handheld on from amazon, there about 40 quid. Has anyone got one and if so what do they think, i know someone got one as a present lately on here but cant remember who
  14. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

Forget that unless you like grief, for that price I can guarantee it will behave like it cost forty quid, I got one a while back, it was supposed to cost €50, it ended up costing closer to €80 with the extra I had to pay at the door for customs, when I got it out of the box it was supplied with the wrong plug type, I managed to fabricate something to get it to work and was totally pissed of when I saw the so called picture.

If you want to buy a hand held projector you want to be looking at something above 200 quid but realistically something around 400 quid, the important thing to check is "native resolution" the lower this is, the worse the image will be, don't be fooled into buying something that says it can play HD 1080p, if the native resolution is 320 X 240 as is mine, all it does is convert 1080p to it's own resolution giving you the a serious of horizontal lines which make your image hard to see when your up close trying do a line drawing, so you really want a projector who's native resolution exceeds 720p.

The easiest way to understand the concept here is to compare a modern smart phone to the first ever phone with a camera and so called colour screen, if you pay forty quid you get the latter.

To get you started check out Acer mini projectors or Phillips Picopix projectors, whatever happens go for something with a name, you already know what happens when you but a no name airbrush, the same rules apply to anything at all with no name, if something sounds too good to be true it generally is.
    matty171 likes this.
  15. matty171

Cheers MB i seen a few reviews by people who were using them to watch films and said they were ok but i get what your saying for doing line drawings, ill have to see if i can pick up a second hand one cause i aint got a couple of hundred to but one new, thanks again for the reply mate
  16. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

Would this help, I believe this is the one Mitch has, but a decent one none the less.

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/l...-and-home-cinema.html?keyword=used projectors

We google it so you don't have to!!! LOL