For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Thought I would share a little

Discussion in 'Works In Progress & Finished Artworks!' started by ShoutingGoat, Jan 13, 2019.

1. ShoutingGoat

ShoutingGoat Young Tutorling

It's been years since I've been on here and there was no way I was about to remember my old login info so I'm back with a fresh account. I have recently picked up an airbrush again for the first time in quite some time, I wouldn't say I was ever all that great but I did occasionally get lucky and hit the mediocre range. This time around, it's been more of a source of therapy than anything, just whatever to keep my mind distracted. Back then I had a couple iwata brushes I would bounce between until I picked up a grex pistol grip which I loved. Long story short, sold all my brushes, regretted it, of course. I'm trying to get back in the hang of it and found out that my hands still are not steady at all but my biggest issue is overthinking and overworking. Usually, I'm pretty hesitant on sharing my stuff due to not being at the level I would like or anywhere near the stuff I've seen on here so be kind haha.

The dog is the most recent one I have started so it still has quite a bit to go, still figuring out what direction everything is going to go. I'm sure I'm not the only one but I tend to get about 75-95% finished and hop to another so they are all technically, work in progress.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    jord001, CHÉRIE, doc1 and 4 others like this.
  2. Nokie

Nokie Gravity Guru

Great work. I’m in the same boat as you. Put the brushes down about 6 years ago when life and work got in the way and am now just trying to get back in the swing of things.
    I love all the work but my favorite is the gas mask/bunny ears. I LOVE it.
    jord001 and ShoutingGoat like this.
  3. ShoutingGoat

Thank you! The rabbit, I actually stumbled across online while looking for something else and it kinda inspired me to do a series of apocalyptic animals with gas masks. I know, makes tons of sense. I just "finished" the alpaca a few days ago and started the chow lastnight. There's also a cow in the process but alot of that one needs to be redone.

jord001 likes this.
  4. Franc Kaiser

Franc Kaiser Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

Looking great! Your surreal vibe is right up my alley.
  5. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Very Likeable!

Welcome back! It’s always great to see that somebody has come back to the wonderful world of airbrushing. I like the pics you’ve posted too, the concept of the animals with gas masks looks like a fun one. Never be concerned about showing your work here though, this is the most fun and supportive place I’ve found on the entire internet lol. I post pretty much everything I do because I’ve learned more from the feedback and advice than I could have ever achieved on my own. I’m not anywhere near the level of our superstars here, but the best thing is that our superstars are always happy to share help and advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. ShoutingGoat

I'm excited to be here, and to be honest, it can be a challenge for me to keep up with forums, I seem to always fail but this time, I'm hoping I don't lose motivation somewhere down the road. I was hoping to post an updated shot of the dog I'm working on but didnt get back around to it like I had hoped.

I am always looking for ideas for further animals in this series. Rabbit and alpaca are pretty much done with the exception of a few minor tweaks. The chow chow should be the next one to finish then I'll be off attempting to work miracles with the cow piece I took a break from.

I was thinking future animals for sure would be
    Silkie chicken (since all the ones in had picked were roosters so they gotta go)

I found a really cool elephant gasmask online that might be pushing me that direction.

I may need to do a quick painting with brushes so I dont totally forget everything I've been picking up with that.

What do you all typically paint on? Mostly canvas and the occasional wall when I begin to feel a bit cocky.

I've added the cow piece that I've been kinda blowing off. Went full tunnel vision and didn't like what met me at the end. Still needs texture and lots of details, it currently has that fuzzy look that I cent seem to get rid off. I'm about ready to mask off the cow and scrap the rest[​IMG][​IMG]

7. Jurien72

Jurien72 Have Airbrush - Will Travel! Very Likeable!

Hi there! Welcome back!
    ShoutingGoat likes this.
  8. CHÉRIE

CHÉRIE Mac-Valve Maestro!

Amazing work! :p I love the subject on them all as well! The textures are fantastic!:eek:
    Don't knock yourself, it's awesome work and if it makes you happy then that is brilliant and all that counts!:thumbsup:
    ShoutingGoat likes this.
  9. theo-art

theo-art Needle-chuck Ninja

welcome back .