tip dry

K

kkndman

hello everyone!
first i will say, sorry for my English.

i have H&S ultra with 0.2mm set, using createx colors and model air .
my problem is that every few seconds there is paint build on the midway top of the needle. it is closer to the tip then the nozzle.
i have tried several options of reduction ratio (4012), added 4030 , tried different psi 10-35 and no matter what , the paint dry on my needle after 10-30 seconds and i cant paint until i remove it with my fingers or qbud. or just make a big trigger pull back.

i checked the needle for bent , the nozzle is clean with no cracks (i use airbrush cleaner , H&S nozzle clean device , dental brush).

i need help please.
thank you all and i am happy to join this family!

i see , well , i didnt know this.
its the same with the vallejo model air colors? because its the same with this colors as well

does ink preform better on airbrush? is there specific color brand for reduced tip dry?

does ink preform better on airbrush? is there specific color brand for reduced tip dry?
Tip dry is a result of air blowing over the needle... comes with the territory! Depends on the paint, where it is used, humidity and a number of other factors. As a general comment white is the worst offender. Have a search through the forum on tip dry and see what people use. For me I "anticipate" it happening and regularly (every 2 or three spays) clean the needle tip.

Unfortunately it’s an unavoidable side effect of air passing over acrylic paints. They do not re-wet themselves in the same way that Urethane based paint does, so they will dry on the tip. Using as much reducer as possible while still having the paint controllable is one way of extending the time it takes to build up. Some flow improvers or retardants are another. But as the others have said, it is pretty much the name of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

update.
i just bought eoline ink and tried it on the airbrush. no tip dry. not even once after 30 min of painting. amazing grey color and amazing flow on 5-20 psi.
i dont think the ecoline series is suit for airbrush like the DR FW or the bombay ink by ph martin.
i am going to order the ph martin bombay set 1 now , just need to find to correct paper to practice on.

Ecoline ink sprays fantastic .
But it fades very quickly. Especially when it is hanging in the sun.

F.W is very good
But you have to watch out for fingerprints on your surface. even with plain paper.
(you see them right away)
It is best to wear gloves.

any recommendation for paper brands and models for airbrushing ink?

I used this paper.
It is very cheap. and you can work with frisk and tape on it.
Erasing and scratching is also reasonable.

Attachments

• FABRIANO®+Tecnico+6+tekenpapier,+blok.jpg.jpg
    FABRIANO®+Tecnico+6+tekenpapier,+blok.jpg.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 21
Back