Transparent paint question

Haha. Well depends on the grind of the pigment. We are talking microns here, not what you get at your local hobby store. That's for mixing acrylics and oils. I used to mix it with egg whites and linseed oil for canvas painting. If you try to use too thick of pigment, anything smaller than .5 mm needle will have spray ability issues.

Ahhh good old tempera, did ya make sure it was the consistency of runny egg white? LOL..you can get fine grinds m8, they just cost an arm and a leg..but stuff it I figure we are going to make our own brand, we'll use of course some egg white, some low fat milk, a little bit of Coca Cola and Bourban, why I don't know, just sounded good but our marketing ploy will be, if it doesn't work, you can eat it instead LOL

I think we ran off the original poster lol. Hey it wasn't completely derailed, it does pertain to original topic...kinda lol. I prefer moonshine paint over bourbon lol. Make it cheaper to produce haha.

There was an original topic? LOL..and Tucky, Tucky, Tucky the only thing to be scared about from a library or an actual book is learning something ;)..At times and after many years around forums ya can only read and respond to so many threads on whats the best airbrush, sometimes, its nice to take those neurons out for a jog and that's all we we're doing, having a decent discussion on something that is sooo important in airbrushing yet is a topic you rarely see discussed at any length (Paint is one of the most important area's we do need to understand imho) and with any luck it may inspire a few towards a little research...One of my pet hates is reading a 1 sentences forum post and having to guess what someone means because they may be to afraid to put up a "Wall of Post" to actually explain it, as on occasion you do see peeps complaining about such, well it all comes down to one thing.....Don't read it LOL ;)

And for anyone who think me and Immortal do this just to butt heads, not at all, I'd hazard to say that we both like pushing our own knowledge base to a degree to test ourselves (IE We're still learning too) but more hopefully for the purpose that others may be inspired to think and do their own research..

...and because its fun LOL

Nah, you all didn't run me off. I've just been busy the past couple of days and haven't checked back. There's quite a bit of good info and I appreciate everyone's help.

Update to the situation: I had feared I would have to use the transparent because the company hasn't been that great on communication side (shipping, discontinued, replacement). I received a reply back and they said they had some semi-opaque in their San Diego warehouse and could ship it out. Sadly, they never stated why they just swapped the paints without any notice.

So all is good (as long as they still send it...no shipping communication). However, I don't think I'll be ordering from them in the future.

My file size is too big, so here's a link to what I designed. https://www.dropbox.com/s/rp9plcsm3w2r4t9/SKYKIDO hand 2.png?dl=0

There was an original topic? LOL..and Tucky, Tucky, Tucky the only thing to be scared about from a library or an actual book is learning something ;)..At times and after many years around forums ya can only read and respond to so many threads on whats the best airbrush, sometimes, its nice to take those neurons out for a jog and that's all we we're doing, having a decent discussion on something that is sooo important in airbrushing yet is a topic you rarely see discussed at any length (Paint is one of the most important area's we do need to understand imho) and with any luck it may inspire a few towards a little research...One of my pet hates is reading a 1 sentences forum post and having to guess what someone means because they may be to afraid to put up a "Wall of Post" to actually explain it, as on occasion you do see peeps complaining about such, well it all comes down to one thing.....Don't read it LOL ;)

And for anyone who think me and Immortal do this just to butt heads, not at all, I'd hazard to say that we both like pushing our own knowledge base to a degree to test ourselves (IE We're still learning too) but more hopefully for the purpose that others may be inspired to think and do their own research..

...and because its fun LOL
neurons you say... i think i had some for breakfast this morn.... washed them down with some fresh pigment free milk from a cow that i just printed with my new 3d printer... but thanks for the advice....lol you crazy guy u

oh yeah i always like your advice...i just dont have the attention span or eyesight to read long posts...:thumbsup::poo:;)

LOL Tucky, I have to exercise mine m8 as there are few left, good ol' Bourban LOL..But by the sounds of it, I need me one of those 3D Printers LOL, and don't worry I don't read my posts either LOL

LOL Tucky, I have to exercise mine m8 as there are few left, good ol' Bourban LOL..But by the sounds of it, I need me one of those 3D Printers LOL, and don't worry I don't read my posts either LOL
i think you give great advice bro.....and i dont have a 3d printer....i was just shiitin ya man...have a great night or day..wherever in the world ya are

Yer it looks like a fun one, I'd personly prob drip the red on and then tip it up to get a run rather than using an airbrush or splattering, and then maybe just come in with the airbrush to touch up, but best of luck, sure you will get it sorted..:)

Morning all createx transparent paint can I mix it with white paint at all

Back