Upgrading airbrush

Gunlocators

Young Tutorling
I have. Iwata neo gravity feed I paint mainly Diecast cars. What would be a good upgrade. I looked at the eclipse and may get it but really didn’t like the 170 price any opinions or just bite the bullet and get a eclipse. I usually spray createx wicker’s and use a lot of pearls and candies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome.
For pearls and metallic paint you need a 0.5.
Now the eclipse and for example the h&s evolution can be converted very quickly between different nozzles.
So if you want to do everything with 1 airbrush. the eclipse is a good choice.
If you use the neo for the pearls and a different airbrush for your detail, there are more choices.
Although the price quality of the eclipse is hard to beat.
Creos/mrHobby might be an option.

You should receive a bunch of support from here, for Iwata HP's And it is well deserved
But you seem to be slightly Stuck on price.
I recently purchased a HP-B covered in years old, dried waterbased acyrilic paint. The brush is 17 years old. The paint was so thick it covered two 6mm long 1.0mm wide by 0.5mm deep plier gouge marks on the tapered part of the body, the paint had been spilled from the cup into the trigger,,, (I very much hoped....)
Now I did inspect the needle and nozzle by wearing my 2 strongest glasses at once
And they looked good.
So I risked $50.00 AUD about $42ish US bucks, spent 1.5 hours stripping, soaking and metal polishing with a finger nail rotory tool fitted with a felt mop with autosol applied to it,
And I am very happy now.
Hope that helps

Last edited:
Back