Urethane airbrushing

J

Joker

Hello. I joined this forum researching if airbrushing can done with Urethane paint on a raft? Currently stencils and hand painting are being done but I am wanting more detail, shading, and Art to be introduced. Any thoughts, ideas, or direction would be great.

Nice, I'll pass that along and will probably have more questions as this goes on. Thank you.

Hello. I joined this forum researching if airbrushing can done with Urethane paint on a raft? Currently stencils and hand painting are being done but I am wanting more detail, shading, and Art to be introduced. Any thoughts, ideas, or direction would be great.
Yes if you are properly set up to spray urethane safely , IE , Mask spray booth (if you can smell the fumes you health and that of anyone else who can smell it is in danger ) Urethane contains ISO's isocyanates which can cause Cancer.
That being said you can also use water based paints for the art work then have it epoxied Clear coated to seal it and water tight. Just using urethane alone with out the proper seal coating will still allow the paint to come off in use in the water after a while depending on what type of raft it is .the rougher the water the more of a beating it will take.

Back