Very new to airbrushing

B

Brandonf1988

Hello everyone,

I recently picked up my first airbrush and I just have a quick question. It's a talon TG-3F airbrush. I took the airbrush apart when I first got it to change the needle and tip, well once I put it back together the the trigger assembly doesn't seem to work properly. I push down to on the trigger to start the air and once I pull back to start the paint it has a very short trigger pull, if I pull more then a 1/4 inch back the air and paint stop. I'm pretty sure when I first pulled it out of the box the trigger worked when pulled full to the rear. I know I messed something up just not sure what. Thank you in advance.

-.-
0Z6wZmr.jpg

Hello everyone,

I recently picked up my first airbrush and I just have a quick question. It's a talon TG-3F airbrush. I took the airbrush apart when I first got it to change the needle and tip, well once I put it back together the the trigger assembly doesn't seem to work properly. I push down to on the trigger to start the air and once I pull back to start the paint it has a very short trigger pull, if I pull more then a 1/4 inch back the air and paint stop. I'm pretty sure when I first pulled it out of the box the trigger worked when pulled full to the rear. I know I messed something up just not sure what. Thank you in advance.
Hello Brandon, Sorry to hear of your troubles with your airbrush. Several members have Talons (I unfortunately don't own one).

To better assist, please pop over to the Introductions section, http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/ and post a thread there telling us about yourself, what equipment/paints/etc you may have, what you want to use airbrushing for, and where you are on the globe (roughly). Lots of people from all over can help out with some of these details.

Thanks for the assist, Tony! :thumbsup: Knew somebody had to know what might be out of whack
Ha Ha...I never said I was right...lollollol....I would start there...

Thanks for the help everyone, I'll try this fix once I get home. Looks like I'll be sticking around this site ya'll are on your game and I'm sure I'll have some more dumb questions soon.
That's what I said 5 years ago and still here and learning....Great place and even better people...

So I tired to loosen the spring housing as told to above. I went from all the way tight to all the way loose and everything in between. I don't really know what to expect but I only get the trigger to function from the front to about the middle of trigger cut out. Anything after the halfway point is just dead nothing happens. Now that being said it could be designed this way, this is my first brush.

Is the little trigger follower inserted correctly? On a Paasche it should be connected to the tube that the needle goes through. I think the little tab should stick into the body slot for the trigger?

Are you using the needle stop? It is #23 and 27 and it screws into the end..#22....back that off and try it...
I have mine in the box and do not even use it....

That's what it sounds like is the limit screw is screwed in to far, If that's not the problem start removing a piece at a time of the back part of the brush and check the trigger after you removed the part,do this till you find the trigger works as it should,this is about the easiest way to trouble shoot the problem when it work you know the last part you removed was installed wrong or needs something you might of missed

Hello!! What’s your opinion about this model? I was going to buy that one specifically I want to know someone’s opinion first hand

Love it, I’m now gonna steal it from both of you! At least you found a Dragon that doesn’t look like it wants to rip your head off .
Although the background suggests it’s copyrighted ? :confused:
I didn't won't to remove water marks... But those images are for selling. It was common we used images with water marks when we showed something to customer(when I was doing some stuff for customers) and if he liked the concept he would buy permission to use it without water marks. I meet a lot of people which didn't care about copyrights. :)
https://www.shutterstock.com/image-...lustration-dragon-cartoon-character-369919340

I would miss confused new members looking at pictures of dragons and thinking: what is going on here ?! -.-

Back