Water based paint for 0.2mm nozzle that adheres to plastic without primer.

D

Discharged

Do you have any tips? Reading up on the different available paints to try and make a decision what to move ahead with.

Createx - most work but not the original one. I've been using the original createx for some time but I've never really fallen for it. Compared to solution based colors I find that it lacks too much.

Faskolor / hobbynox - no info on minimum nozzle size available on their homepage. Never used and have no info about it

com art - From the info I've heard it's top nptch, as good as solution based. But never used it myself and I fear it only works with a primer, and since I'm using the paint to paint RC car bodies I am unable to use a primer since you paint from the inside on clear lexan plastics, so the first layer is the "outer layer".

These are the ones I've been able to find in Sweden, other tips are welcome, maybe I cab find them in sweden or order online.

I would suggest trying some Illustration, Wicked or AutoAir before making a final decision. From my understanding they’re very different from the original Createx Colours and are very popular with model painters, RC Guys and Illustrators alike. Plus as Robby said, the 4030 additive does make them stick really hard. I’ve never tried Comart, so I can’t compare, but I don’t know if a similar additive in that range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some wicked and I just bought a kit of comart aswell, hopefully I'll get something that works!

Surface prep work is your friend, I like wicked, auto air and illustration, the original createx not so much but it works well too, I have bottles of fastcolor too, I used to use them on fishing lures. They are meant for lexan rc bodies I believe. I don't use it much anymore.

Faskolor is intended for clear lexan bodies. I have heard that it is basically Createx paint with a different sticker on the bottle, but I dont remember what kind of Createx it is. Now I have seen people do amazing work with all kinds of paints on lexan, but I don't know how well they hold up. Chipping and wear is inevitable, especially with heavy use. The best tip I can give you is to back your paintjob with a few good coats of white. A spraycan works best for this. It will protect the underlying paint and also give an even background for whatever artwork or designs you put on the body. Hope this helps!

I'm gonna say most RC painters I know use Createx Wicked. I believe thats what Faskolor really is. I have bottles of both and they sure do seem to be similar! You aren't going to want to use ComArt or other artsy type paints, I just dont think they are going to be very easy to deal with.

One more thing: there is an additive for Wicked that promotes adhesion to the lexan. I really don't know which one. Try watching some videos or look at some RC websites and they can point you in the right direction!

Last edited:
Back