Water drops using water based paints

S

shadow2462

A few days ago someone had asked about doing water drops using water based paints so can you believe it...me of all people giving a tutorial..lol Well I know how it was done because I had seen it on youtube somewhere but never actually done it myself so I figured how can I explain if I never did it so here goes. First you have to think 3D, in order to make something 3 dimentional you need a object, a shadow, and a highlight. Pease excuse my pics and paint work I am a noob. IMG_0247.jpg It works best if you use a mid tone for background, I used Wicked 2 parts white and 1 part cobalt blue. Next you need your shape / object, and shade as well for this I used straight cobalt blue to creat the shape and darken part for shadow. (right side of pic) IMG_0248.jpg and lastly decided light is coming from left so white highlight is done on left side. IMG_0249.jpg Again I apologize for condition of pics but wanted to show it could be done and in 3 simple steps...besides if I can do this anyone can lol. I hope this helps someone if not I at least lerned how to do it LMAO by the way...the tiny drops are 3/16 " (4.7 mm)

I also searched a bit. Found a vid where someone used blue tack to make the drop shapes with and sprayed the outer perimeter that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for that but I think when people talk about water droplets they mean a whole surface covered in tine drops. You can not do those one by one and thus why people are stumped by the process using waterbased paints.

Thanks for that but I think when people talk about water droplets they mean a whole surface covered in tine drops. You can not do those one by one and thus why people are stumped by the process using waterbased paints.

The point was to show that it could be done, most people refer to the wet spray method and some look for other choices. The spray method is fine if I'm painting a bike or car but not an option in a normal painting, and yes you can create a similar effect using this method...it will take some time but can be done. My tiny drops are 3/16" or 4.7 mm if you prefer and done with a velocity .21 set up so if noobie me can do it those with Microns and Infinity's im sure would have no problems. I appreciate your opinion, I was just trying to give other alternatives.

Back