Water Problem

I put water in my gun on purpose :)~
I realise that your probably have to have a silent compressor but what make and models are you using food?
I have an IWATA Power studio with a 2litre tank and a huge 25kitre tank on a clarke. and both will do the business. (of squirting coloured water hahahahaha)
What compressors have you had mate?

My first compressor, because I was new to it and totally stupid (still totally stupid, that will never change), was a small daft thing about the size of a pack of cigarettes with no power probably 0.5psi, the second was similar to the iwata you have but no tank, the third was from michelin with 6 litres tank and sounded like a tractor with a cold, the new one which with some luck will be here on Thursday is similar to the Iwata but with a 3 litre tank.

I have to keep the noise down because I live in a Flat with rice paper walls, bit like a Suche restaurant but without the fish, I can here the all the other neighbours go to the toilet, so I know if they flush or not.

I have now ordered a new quiet compressor with tank

Hope its a goodin, those things tend to produce water like their a tap ;)...They generally heat up real hot after an hr or so of painting so you may need to add an airconditioner to your tally, being Iwata ya may be right, have never seen how they go in that sense..GL but ya may still need to set up a good water trapping system :)

[QUOTEI can here the all the other neighbours go to the toilet, so I know if they flush or not][/QUOTE]

LOL, fairs fair then..If you can here em doing their business, let em hear yours LOL...I know the pain m8, I had to switch to a silent compressor for my work area near the house and for live demo's, saved me lugging the big one up and down the hill, on a good day its practically a water hose LOL..Not straight away but it does cause me issues I must admit when I'm wanting to put a couple of hours in...Havin a 3 litre tank it may be good, mines one of those mini looking things...Hope it sorts out ya probs :)

Hope its a goodin, ...Hope it sorts out ya probs :)

Thanks Ace, the one that's on it's way is the same as the one I wanted to use with the tank, but this comes with the tank already installed, since I don't intend to work outside of the house, I can still attach the condenser coil, and still have the new water trap from the other set up, this means I will have 2 main traps plus the small one on the pistol, I will also make the cooling fan I mentioned, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem and with the coil system attached I'll probably get an extra 0.5L of air.

I never work the whole day when I'm painting because it becomes too much, it's just a hobby for me, so very long breaks are not uncommon.

Once again thanks for all your help and tips, Tony too.

i feel for ya man, you should google the problem or start a water bottling company:encouragement:

I think he already did and has a you tube video to prove it
http://youtu.be/nK8M9CeM4Zg

the water bottling company is a good idea, but my water is not from the tap, I make it my self using air (the thinner the better), an old compressor (full blast) and a special box which for obvious reasons I refuse to divulge the details of, furthermore my water is cleaner because it has not been interfered with in any way by corrupt council officials, by this I mean no fluoride, it's not my job to care for your teeth (buy some bloody toothpaste).

After the roaring success of this venture I'm now working on an environmentally friendly and east to transport version of the same delicious drink, and not to give too much away it will be dehydrated water in a handy pocket size squeezey bottle, to make it ready to drink simply add a few drops of water, this will shortly be available at all trustworthy black market vendors.

I'm going to be very rich soon, then I can buy my own Badger velocity instead of battling it out 300 (great film incidentally) people knowing fine I cannot win.

the water bottling company is a good idea, but my water is not from the tap, I make it my self using air (the thinner the better), an old compressor (full blast) and a special box which for obvious reasons I refuse to divulge the details of, furthermore my water is cleaner because it has not been interfered with in any way by corrupt council officials, by this I mean no fluoride, it's not my job to care for your teeth (buy some bloody toothpaste).

After the roaring success of this venture I'm now working on an environmentally friendly and east to transport version of the same delicious drink, and not to give too much away it will be dehydrated water in a handy pocket size squeezey bottle, to make it ready to drink simply add a few drops of water, this will shortly be available at all trustworthy black market vendors.

I'm going to be very rich soon, then I can buy my own Badger velocity instead of battling it out 300 (great film incidentally) people knowing fine I cannot win.

omg, i think i just ruptured a vein in my head. are you for real,wait i have to read this bout three more times cause laughter is good for the heart and think you just cured my heart disease.

question, where do i get the three drops of water to undehydrate my pocket size water, should i get it out of the sink

im gonna frame this and put it on my wall, this is golden

question, where do i get the three drops of water to undehydrate my pocket size water, should i get it out of the sink

No you buy the un-dehydrated version from me and use like you do your reducer.

And thanks Ranhalen, making fun of it is the easiest way of alleviating the pain of loosing a $200 compressor and not being able to paint, it's better that crying.

Last edited by a moderator:
No you buy the un-dehydrated version from me and use like you do your reducer.

And thanks Ranhalen, making fun of it is the easiest way of alleviating the pain of loosing a $200 compressor and not being able to paint, it's better that crying.

i love you man!

hell , if i knew how much freight , i would mail ya one, shame you messed up the hunderd thousand dollar painting, but you dohave a hundered thousand dollar imagination.:encouragement:
by the way you didnt have your airbrush hooked to a water hose by accident did ya. ya never know

My new compressor came today, so now I can paint again, but after looking at the new machine I discovered that the old can still be salvaged and the reason the it failed had nothing to do with the tank being too big or the compressor too small, but in fact I had the pressure cut off switch in the wrong place and in reality this is unbelievably easy to fix, however, although I will fix the problem, I just won't do it now, I just want to paint now.

Great news,looking forward to seeing your creations.

Back