Welcome newcomers

johnrennainc

Young Tutorling
Hello everyone! I'm brand new in the airbrush world. I mean brand new!!!
I started a RC addiction and now I'm into building them as well as playing with them. I've always had an interest in airbrushing since i was a teenager watching the guys up at Wildwood or Seaside NJ doing the t shirts. Now a few decades later I'm trying my hand in the art, skill or in my case a mess...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Welcome from the U.K. John. Have you armed yourself with any airbrush gear or paint yet?

Yes, i bought a gun from online and a few accessories. Cleaning pot, moisture filter. I started with Spaz Stix paint. Which is why i searched our this forum. Had a little difficulty with their Candy Apple Red. Someone else said i might have had the air pressure to high. (25psi).
16b6a2d8a23d40fc5b4a56bd0e5a88bf.jpg

From Spaz Stix customer help:

The cobwebbing is generally the result of spraying the paint too dry. So either your airbrush settings are not right, the temperature is high, or you've added a thinner. Our paints are already thinned, and ready to spray, so there's no need to add anything. Try turning your air pressure down and opening up the paint flow on your airbrush. Do your best to even out the coats in order to reduce the "dark" spots before applying your backer color.

Yes, i bought a gun from online and a few accessories. Cleaning pot, moisture filter. I started with Spaz Stix paint. Which is why i searched our this forum. Had a little difficulty with their Candy Apple Red. Someone else said i might have had the air pressure to high. (25psi).
16b6a2d8a23d40fc5b4a56bd0e5a88bf.jpg

That’s a new one for me. I haven’t seen that happen before. Candies aren’t the easiest pair to start with but Kudos for jumping in with both feet. Hopefully someone here can shed some light on the matter. Try starting another post with the question in the Beginners Questions forum. More folks should see that.

I had to some internet and youtube searching to get some info about that paint and it turns out to be a urethane paint and from what I get you are using the right pressure at 25 psi and you need to lay it down in light layers but I have seen one guy laying that paint very heavy without a real problem
I know this does not explain the codwebs you got with that candy color but I know there are a few urethane paint users on here that might have the answer to that but my guess is the paint/ pigment separated from the base paint

I've heard it or read it somewhere that you got cobwebs if the paint was too thick or not enough psi. I'm no expert so don't quote me.. Something to experiment with anyway.

Lee

Hello from Cambridge UK, afraid I can't help with this problem, not seen anything like it myself!

Back