What airbrush to buy sub 100 dollars

The problem with the NEO and basically any gun that has a screw in nozzle, is that when the nozzle clogs, you have to use a wrench to take it off. And many, many times new users over tighten them and snap them off. Get something with a drop in nozzle like the Eclipse or the 105 Badger.
Oh yeah, I forgot the Neo has that pesky screw in nozzle. You really can't go wrong with Badger, and they have several models that will fit your budget. Hope this advice helps!

The problem with the NEO and basically any gun that has a screw in nozzle, is that when the nozzle clogs, you have to use a wrench to take it off. And many, many times new users over tighten them and snap them off. Get something with a drop in nozzle like the Eclipse or the 105 Badger.

When u say badger 105 u mean the badger 105 patriot? I like the price point of 78 dollars. Is that a good brush?

When u say badger 105 u mean the badger 105 patriot? I like the price point of 78 dollars. Is that a good brush?

The Patriot or the Patriot Extreme. Very good brushes for your needs. If you want the bottom feed then it is the 155 Anthem.

The Patriot or the Patriot Extreme. Very good brushes for your needs. If you want the bottom feed then it is the 155 Anthem.

I would have to go with the extreme model to get a smaller nozzle .5 will be to large I need around 3.5 ...

If you have a question about any badger airbrush you can ask Ken on here as he's also a member,and for the price a badger is a great airbrush

I own a Krome. It feels well balanced and trigger action is great. I also have the patriot and sotar 2020 they just havent arrived in the mail yet.

I have both the Badger Patriot and also the siphon feed Anthem (they have many common parts). both are excellent brushes. Can't complain on the price for what you get. Very easy to maintain.

I have both the Badger Patriot and also the siphon feed Anthem (they have many common parts). both are excellent brushes. Can't complain on the price for what you get. Very easy to maintain.

Do you feel you can do detail work with the patriot 105? I will be working on RC bodies and painting like the pic attached. I am either getting the patriot 105 or the iwata neo. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 1234575804b.jpg
    1234575804b.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 33
Not a problem. The 105 does a good job. You can change out the needle, nozzle, and head set for a super fine detail set when needed

Not a problem. The 105 does a good job. You can change out the needle, nozzle, and head set for a super fine detail set when needed

So you can get different size needles for your airbrush? Sorry I am a real noob at all this.

So you can get different size needles for your airbrush? Sorry I am a real noob at all this.
It depends on the airbrush- Typically Badger airbrushes have 2 or 3 options when it comes to needle size. Plus they are relatively inexpensive- maybe $20 or so for the set? Other brands can be expensive (I just ordered a .2 setup for my Harder & Steenbeck brushes and it was $67)

Is their any risk buying used? I found a used 105 xtreme for 50 dollars. I assume its a good deal the seller bought it in a lot of brushes in a auction so its not theirs and doesn't know if it works.

Is their any risk buying used? I found a used 105 xtreme for 50 dollars. I assume its a good deal the seller bought it in a lot of brushes in a auction so its not theirs and doesn't know if it works.
There is always some risk buying used, unless you're physically there to inspect the item before you buy. A 105 xtreme would be a good brush if it's in OK shape with no needle / nozzle problems or sticky air valves. Of course at $50, you could buy a new needle/nozzle/air cap set to go with it and still come out ahead.

Here are a few pictures of it thoughts??

Attachments

• 20180225_174310.png
    20180225_174310.png
    1,007.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 20180225_174244.png
    20180225_174244.png
    625.4 KB · Views: 27
Here are a few pictures of it thoughts??
Well, it looks ok. Air supply threads seem fine from what I see and you'd have what appears to be a 1/8 BSP to badger airhose adapter included. However, I had to return a supposedly new Patriot airbrush for a cross-threaded air supply connector ("new"... yeah, right). Hopefully, you won't have a similar issue.
It already has the super detail needle set on the Xtreme. This will be a pain in the rear to learn on, trust me. Get the fine or medium needle/nozzle/air cap set so you can learn. Will be less particular about what paints you shoot through it and how they're thinned or reduced.

By the way, I have purchased used airbrushes myself. Picked up a Badger Renegade 4V (small cup gravity feed) for $45. Given there was nothing wrong, it was quite a bargain. I bought it because Badger replacement parts are easy to find and relatively inexpensive. Sadly, I also have a tendency for compulsive shopping at times.
That being said, don't fool with a Renegade first time out. The nozzles are about the size of a grain of rice and can be easily lost. The Patriot, new or used, is a better choice for an introductory airbrush. You can do quite a lot with it as I'm attempting to do so now.

Back