What is the history of the Thayer and Chandler Omni 5000 ?

J

John V

Just wanted to know about it.
How does it compare to the Vega ?
What parts from other AB will interchange .
John

P
Just wanted to know about it.
How does it compare to the Vega ?
What parts from other AB will interchange .
John
Pretty sure this is a brush that is a Thayer Chandler in name only. It came to be after Badger purchased the then defunct Thayer name. The brush is pretty much the same as a Badger Patriot 105. I am pretty sure something like 95% of the parts are interchangeable between the Vega and Omni to keep them as they came, and 100% can be switched to convert one to the other. Maybe just the regulator on needle cap are different between them?

P

Pretty sure this is a brush that is a Thayer Chandler in name only. It came to be after Badger purchased the then defunct Thayer name. The brush is pretty much the same as a Badger Patriot 105. I am pretty sure something like 95% of the parts are interchangeable between the Vega and Omni to keep them as they came, and 100% can be switched to convert one to the other. Maybe just the regulator on needle cap are different between them?

DaveG Thank You for the reply.Fine Conversion for Model 105, 155, 200NH, 360. +
The Omni 5000 has a .50 needle nozzle combination. Is it possible to use a smaller needle nozzle combination such as the Fine Conversion kit for Model 105, 155, 200NH, 360. + ?
John

DaveG Thank You for the reply.Fine Conversion for Model 105, 155, 200NH, 360. +
The Omni 5000 has a .50 needle nozzle combination. Is it possible to use a smaller needle nozzle combination such as the Fine Conversion kit for Model 105, 155, 200NH, 360. + ?
John
the part number prefixes are different, but I suspect they are the same - try dropping Badger an e-mail they can answer your question - customerservice@badgerairbrush.com

You may well be able to use mig ammo
Or satagraph 4 parts as well.
Mig ammo aircobra would get you a .3
And I'm pretty sure you could swap the air valve as well which would give you a standard 1/8 bsp air connection to get rid of the adapter.

Not certain on these things but....I'm inclined to believe they would work.

Last edited:
You may well be able to use mig ammo
Or satagraph 4 parts as well.
Mig ammo aircobra would get you a .3
And I'm pretty sure you could swap the air valve as well which would give you a standard 1/8 bsp air connection to get rid of the adapter.

Not certain on these things but....I'm inclined to believe they would work.
Thank You Robbyrockett2 for the information. Will you tell me why you think the parts you referenced will fit my Omni 5000 ?
I emailed Badger on Friday for information about the conversion kit in question. But it is early for a reply from them.
Do you think I would be able to use the needles part number # 1 T6081 T6083 #3 T6085 #5 as well as the nozzles from the Vega line ?
John V

Thank You Robbyrockett2 for the information. Will you tell me why you think the parts you referenced will fit my Omni 5000 ?
I emailed Badger on Friday for information about the conversion kit in question. But it is early for a reply from them.
Do you think I would be able to use the needles part number # 1 T6081 T6083 #3 T6085 #5 as well as the nozzles from the Vega line ?
John V
Vega thing
Probably but Dave would be better for knowing that than I would.

The ammo aircobra and sata 4 are omnis with really minor tweaks.
Idk all the details of those tweaks but I'm pretty sure all the head stuff is interchangeable.
Can't say for certain though....

Vega thing
Probably but Dave would be better for knowing that than I would.

The ammo aircobra and sata 4 are omnis with really minor tweaks.
Idk all the details of those tweaks but I'm pretty sure all the head stuff is interchangeable.
Can't say for certain though....
Thank You for the information .
John V

Back