Which airbrush paint do you use?

Which airbrush paint do you use?

• Total voters
What I find interesting is the fact that the ink I use flows worse through my Infinity than the Wicked does- but now I can't remember if I thinned the ink or not. You would think the ink would be really thin and fine, but really its a lot like Wicked!

Oh by the way, how old is the paint you are using?

Just out of curiosity, are you using Wicked or Wicked Detail?
If you were asking me I use both, detail sprays better but being transparent line it lacks coverage. Etac sprays opaque better than Wicked Detail

Thats what I asking- its the Wicked thats giving you trouble. I once tried spraying straight Wicked thru my Infinity... the stains are still all over my painting table! But thinning it 1:1 it flows just fine. I have no clue why yours gives you trouble. One of those weird things I guess?

As a note here, I only have the primary set. Idk if that has anything to do with it or not. White and black both do fine.

I've had the most experience with HOKs, but I'm soon going to be using some Testors, Vallejo Model Colors, and some Tamiya paints as well. My wife grabbed a Creatix Primary Colors pack for me a few years ago - I can't say I really liked using them, but I was spoiled with the HOK paints, but I will be giving Creatix another shot in earnest (see what I did there?).

So I was wondering if anyone used any type ink? Straight or reduced? Best brand? Any detail would be appreciated. thanks-rick

So I was wondering if anyone used any type ink? Straight or reduced? Best brand? Any detail would be appreciated. thanks-rick
There is a guy on Facebook with a YouTube channel that uses inks and does a lot of interessting how to on portraits. https://www.youtube.com/user/paintedglyphs333
I don't follow it too closely but he really does good work and I know he is using India inks.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

There is a guy on Facebook with a YouTube channel that uses inks and does a lot of interessting how to on portraits. https://www.youtube.com/user/paintedglyphs333
I don't follow it too closely but he really does good work and I know he is using India inks.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

m3ntalo - thanks for the link. He does do some very good portraits from what I've just skimmed over! It looks like his videos are live streams at about 2 hours apiece, but I'm sure I can learn something not only about inks but his approach to art in general. Thanks again. - rick

I love Golden High Flow I use the High Flow Extender and Airbrush medium from Golden as well, also Golden Fluid Acrylic work great when thinned with the Airbrush medium from them. As for inks I can not say enough amazing things about Schmincke Aero Color. The colors are all transparent, yet with a few drops of opaque medium the colors are opaque. Schmincke has a amazing line of products to support Aero Color as well. I am particularly fond of the their soft touch varnish.

I like the U.S. Art Supply paints.

81RTZBO7iPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Mostly createx illustration. Used to be almost exclusively wicked, but in 2013 started having trouble with it. Was reacting weird to 4011 reducer and seeding a lot. CI didn't, also I can use abraiding techniques with CI without having to use additives muchy easi

I started with the now defunct Golden Airbrush Colors, and still use them for textiles or hard surfaces.

Also use Schmike Aerocolor sometimes, or Ecoline watercolor if using some of my older antique brushes.

Mostly tho, maybe 90% Createx Illustration.

Hello,

~80% of the time automotive lacquer
~20% of the time hobby enamels like Testors, Model Master, Humbrol, etc.
I have also shot oil based enamels (like Rust-Oleum) and on very rare occasions I've used Tamiya acrylics

Thanks,
Ismael

Back