Who makes the best mac valve?

Leakyvalve

Mac-Valve Maestro!
I've tried a couple Chinese ones, and they were awful. They would go from 0-100 in 1/8 a turn

And I can't believe Iwata wants around $30 for one, but they may be the bullet I have to bite.

I can't live without a Mac valve.

Grex or the H&S one, H&S is a little smaller but both are Quick connects with MAC control.

ps. I have two Iwata ones (Just MAC no quick connect) and I hate them so much theyre in the back of a drawer somewhere.

Oh man I need help. I went to Ebay to get a grex g-mac valve and bought a grex airbrush as well. Some hobbie place is selling base model XGI2's (w/ .3mm nozzle so it's really a XGi3) for a hair more than $60 shipped. I thought "what the hell, let's see how well they perform."

Oh man I need help. I went to Ebay to get a grex g-mac valve and bought a grex airbrush as well. Some hobbie place is selling base model XGI2's (w/ .3mm nozzle so it's really a XGi3) for a hair more than $60 shipped. I thought "what the hell, let's see how well they perform."
Haha, Ida thought you would have gone for the xs side feed at blick for like $67
Shipped

Last edited:
From range of movement is only about a 3/4 turn. From off to 1/4 turn its fully on.... so not enough control for my liking, and it’s not a quick connect either. The grex has great gradual control and the bonus of a quick connect
Tamiya also takes about 4-5 turns from off to oon so it has fine adjustment.
....but no qc
Very short and light though.

Last edited:
I have both the Grex one and the Iwata macvalve and like Andre I find the grex macvalve to big and to heavy on my micron I only use the iwata mac and I like that one best , I did try the cheap ones and liked them as much as I like the iwata mac but they only last for about a year or 2

How could you not order one, it would have been a crime not to. Anyway, I've got the grex and yes its a little heavy but has lasted for years.

Lee

Back