Wicked versus Wicked Detail?

Justin Sane

Double Actioner
Hey guys,
I'm gonna head out to get some more white, and my local store only carries wicked and I was wondering if there was a difference between the normal white and the detail white, other than matte finish. Any ideas?

Detail has a finer pigment grind, flows a little easier from <=.2 tips.

Wicked=all purpose
Detail= CI grind with thick wicked -ish resin
CI= fine grind,weak/thin resin

Doesnt really apply to white so much but detail is more transparent

Last edited:
Robbie has got you covered on the differences. How much of a difference the user actually notices, I don’t know.
The two colours of Wicked Detail I’ve used had a habit of separating in the cup and left sediment too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, guys! I went to see if Micheals had replaced their Aztec paint with another and found they started to carry Golden, so I got a bunch of them, they were 40% off, so if you have a local Micheals go get some high flow at a great price!

I picked up some wicked crimson and orange to see how it works as well, but decided not to get any detail paint due to what was said about the sediment. I think I'll just stick with CI, Medea and Golden for now, not too pleased with the Wicked, but I'm such a newbie, I still struggle to reduce it to prime flow rate.

The detail will indeed flow lots better than the regular wicked.

If you got high flows at 40 percent off thats a score. Ill have to see if our michaels is carrying them.

Back