For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

without respirator :(

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Ronald art, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Ronald art

Ronald art Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

I never watch airbrush video's on youtube but I wanted to know hoe HOK paints are sprayed as I need to use that paint on the fairing so I looked up so vid's on youtube and the first one I found was a airbrush demo with HOK paints at the I think it was the sema show I forgot the guys name but there he was using a solvent based paint in public and with out any protection or respirator ....I just dont get it why one would do a demo with solvent based paints like that as I know many people who are just starting out with the airbrush watch those vid's
    huskystafford likes this.
  2. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

Most when doing demos do not wear a mask mainly due to being hard to talk while doing so. But most also have a very ventilated area they are giving the demo in with a good system in place to pull the fumes out of the air quickly.
    But Craig Fraser and a few others I have spoken with say to always mask up , But people are gonna do what they want all we can do is strongly suggest to mask up.
    Have a look at this video put out my Coast Airbrush
    http://www.coastairbrushtv.com/House-of-Kolor-2016-NEW-PRODUCTS_p_138.html
    Ronald art and huskystafford like this.
  3. Ronald art

Ronald art Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

Herb I do understand that talking with a mask on would be hard to understand and that is a useful vid from coast it makes me understand how HOK paints act and how to spray it
    Mr.Micron likes this.
  4. Jurien72

Jurien72 Have Airbrush - Will Travel! Very Likeable!

There's an easy solution to this- voice over ;) in this day and age (especially from a company with a decent budget to produce a quality video) it is not too difficult to put voice audio over the video footage. That way you show a guy wearing a mask, but you can clearly hear the instruction.
    Ttxela and Ronald art like this.