yupo paper

P

paulcouk

Hi I'm trying to paint a leopard off the tutorials, it is black and white
I'm using transparent paint using yupo paper and scratching it ( the nose is a gray color ) but what I am finding to get the paint thick enough to scratch the gray is turning to black
I don't know if I have explained it enough
Paul

OK, what you did not mention is what paint you are using. Different paints work differently on Yupo. All you need is barely a dusting of color in order for scratching to start showing up on the surface using Createx Illustration or Golden High Flow... Illustration colors may take a minute or two to set enough to manipulate, Golden has a much shorter working time before it gets more difficult to manipulate.

Are you using reducer to make it transparent or transparent base? Most of the times when you block in colours you don't need any reducer.

Hi I was using airbrush academy paint But I will change to createx
with the createx paint.. I am using a custom micron brush
the paint do I use transplant or illustration ?
do I use it with thinners or not ?
Im not sure if transparent or illustration will go trough the brush

Hi I was using airbrush academy paint But I will change to createx
with the createx paint.. I am using a custom micron brush
the paint do I use transplant or illustration ?
do I use it with thinners or not ?
Im not sure if transparent or illustration will go trough the brush

I use Illustration through my Micron's all the time. For laying down a base color, I generally don't thin much, maybe a bit of 4012 if need be. For more detailed work I use both trans base and 4012 to thin. You want to lay down just enough to tone the surface before starting to texture with a blade then build on top of it, and scratch again to keep bringing the brightest of highlights up.

Paul, why don't you message Mick, its his paint so he will be able to tell you exactly whats going on and what to do.

Lee

Hi Yes I will try it on yupo paper
I am finding after the first coat when I go over it on an other coat it seems to be better
Lee I had a word with Mick I will be seeing him a gain on 27 January 18 and if we have time we will go through it
I had a week with him last month and I am finding a lot of the problems I was having seems to be sorted now
I have completed the leopard "I am not sure where to put on the forum"
I am grateful for all the help been be given
Paul

Hi Yes I will try it on yupo paper
I am finding after the first coat when I go over it on an other coat it seems to be better
Lee I had a word with Mick I will be seeing him a gain on 27 January 18 and if we have time we will go through it
I had a week with him last month and I am finding a lot of the problems I was having seems to be sorted now
I have completed the leopard "I am not sure where to put on the forum"
I am grateful for all the help been be given
Paul
normally finished pieces go here:
http://www.airbrushforum.org/works-in-progress/

Back