Ausflog. This will take some time.

...and so it continues...

Using the advice I got here and from Dru in his FB group, I made another try at Ms Lamour:

I added 50% CI trans base to the CI (sepia and black this time).

Stuck with the Micron instead of using the Eclipse for shading (didn't have the nerve).

I'm certainly much happier with this one. Although the extra transparent transparent paint was tough building up color for the hair, I will live and learn to paint another day.

Off to do something with a bit more texture to it. I still have so much to learn, my trigger control is pretty lame, but I'll keep on keeping on.IMG_1071.JPG

Definately was worth going back and having another pop at this. I think you aced it this time.
It could be mistaken fore a photo.😍

You ironed out a few faults and I learnt from the first one (and the second attempt too). How many days after the first attempt was this? Imagine what it will look like if you do it again in a year!

Great painting

Definately was worth going back and having another pop at this. I think you aced it this time.
It could be mistaken fore a photo.😍

You ironed out a few faults and I learnt from the first one (and the second attempt too). How many days after the first attempt was this? Imagine what it will look like if you do it again in a year!

Great painting
Thanks RK. It was a little over week in between. I had to order the transparent base which took a while to get, then getting the nerve up again by doing some more dots.

I actually wasn't going to try this again, I setup a Dru Blair classroom in a box to go, then chickened out on that and tried this one again.

Very nice Jeff :) looks like you may be getting the hang of this airbrushing lark 😁
I'm starting to feel like this is cheating. I mean airbrushing. Instead of sketching it out, I just made a stencil of the face shape with a Cricut. It's got a 'paint by numbers' feel about the method.

That said, I can honestly say this is the most fun I've had painting in my life. I'm actually enjoying the process. Generally I like preparing a canvas, and having painted, but the actually painting (I mean brushes, whether watercolor or oil) I kind of dread. I never enjoy it, it's just a series of things that can go wrong. Erasable paint is a game changer for me.

Even airbrushing models isn't exactly fun for me. It's more chore like. It's a necessary step. And I have good brushes.

But once I got the Micron and the idea is using it for a length of time, not a spray, clean and move on, I'm really just enjoying it. It's part the incredible brush, part the paint and surfaces. The stakes are a lot lower.

I think that something i like is that if you are impatient to correct your mistakes or improve something or just to carry on painting, fast drying paint works great for satisfying that need.

Very well executed @ausf . You can see that you master the lights and shadows, congratulations :). In my short experience, transparent base is very useful when using synthetic papers but if you go with too much you can get kind of muddy paint. In regular paper I like using only distiled water and very low pressure.

Back