ca air tool 1610a review

airbrushingferret

Air-Valve Autobot!
so after dealing with the tiny badger aspire compressor that almost constantly had to run to keep up with my renagade with the large set up and had to run forever to fill a 7 gallon air tank i decided to go for the 1 hp model for the heavier cfm . i hooked it up to the 7 gallon tank the problem i am having is i cant realy tell you how loud it is because its never running it takes what seems less thain a minuet to fill the air tank to 120 psi and i just got done working on another butterfly painting i think the thing ran twice soif your concearned about electric usage or noise where you live i would recommend this compressor . its not exactly ultra quiet i think its because of the 1 hp motor but the 30 dollar 7 gallon tank i bought from wall mart gives me enough air to paint forever with out having the compressor come on at all . I can probably fill the tank and shut it off and do a whole small painting with out running out of air . so being its not as quiet as the half horse model it puts out enough air i dont have to hear it run at all basicly i love it verry happy .
I plan to paint my brand new trek bicycle as soon as i can find a junk bike to ride around while its down i plan to clear it myself with the infinity with the .6 set up and the 50 gram cup its only tubing . but if i did want to clear a tank or a bike fender with a good clearing gun the set up i have will work fine
highly recommended my apologies for any bad punctuations its late and im exhausted need sleep

I'm using the 1610 as well but I think it's way too loud for my needs. I don't fill the air to an extra tank so mine runs quite often during a painting session and, sorry to say, it gets a bit loud - specially if you're sitting right next to it like I have to. This unit is actually a replacement unit I received from California Air Tools after my 1650A bit the dust a couple of weeks ago. They didn't have the same model available so I had to get this one.

Would you mind telling me exactly how you hooked up your unit to the extra tank? What fittings did you use, etc? I may have to do this myself so I don't hear the compressor run constantly.

Thanks!

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a locally assembled machine that runs the same pump and it stands right next to me and I think it is pretty quiet. The wife sleeps in the room next door with doors open and it does not bother her.

i just hooked an air hose up to the compressor and ran it to the tank thain took off the tregulator and put it on the tank i got the tank from wall mart for 30 dollars just used my .6 setup in the infinity to blast a couple of coats of gesso on a canvas the compressor hardly ran i can do a whole small painting with out it going on at all

Back