Finally got myself a Micron.

Lance Whitford

Triple Actioner
The guy I bought the Evolution off a few days ago was advertising more brushes and amongst them was this Custom Micron Takumi. He was offering it at a price that was way too good to refuse so I snapped it up.

I haven’t given it a workout yet but have made a few tweaks. I was pleased to find out that the small cup from my evo fits into the Takumi cup base so I swapped that for the larger cup that comes with the brush. I’m not a fan of crown caps so I replaced that with a prong cap. I softened the spring tension in the air valve and trigger a bit and now looking forward to giving it a run tomorrow.
20240124_203331.jpg20240124_203844.jpg20240124_203853.jpg

The guy I bought the Evolution off a few days ago was advertising more brushes and amongst them was this Custom Micron Takumi. He was offering it at a price that was way too good to refuse so I snapped it up.

I haven’t given it a workout yet but have made a few tweaks. I was pleased to find out that the small cup from my evo fits into the Takumi cup base so I swapped that for the larger cup that comes with the brush. I’m not a fan of crown caps so I replaced that with a prong cap. I softened the spring tension in the air valve and trigger a bit and now looking forward to giving it a run tomorrow.
View attachment 86963View attachment 86964View attachment 86965
Congrats

Just got some of these and they seem too big to fit in the Takumi cup base. Did I get the wrong H&S Part ?

View attachment 88514
I had been suggesting the O-ring from the H&S seal kit (same O-ring you have there). Someone told me theirs didn't fit, but I had already done a couple using the seals... There must be more than one size going around, so I just started suggesting a 1mm cross section x 8mm ID O-ring.

As a further note. I have swapped out the H&S cup for a very similar small cup with compatible threads from a Chinese Neoeco brand brush. Doesn't come with a cap but I rale use those.

How are you liking the Takumi so far? Yes I want one and yes I’m jealous.

So far so good although I have not had that many occaisions where I have used it yet. I like the closeness of the trigger to the work. My other PS-771 and ps-771 hybrids are all top loaders so I'm still sighting the work at an angle out of habit. I love the MAC valves on my other brushes and using the valve on my connector with this is not as natural for me when I'm trying to fine tune the air to the mix. I don't imagine I'll be using the original cup at all as both the smaller cups I've tried are more suited to the type of work I do and less cumbersome.

Bottom line is that it is a pleasure to use and I think that with practice, I will be able to get slightly more precision in my work with this brush than with my other ones due to the proximity of trigger to nozzle. Time will tell.

Back