Good gloss top coat for rc helicopters?

B

baevans11

I need a good clear gloss topmost for rc helicopter canopies. I have tried createx and testors but they just make it a little shiny it's not a good clear coat in my opinion. What's a good one I can safely use over acrylic paint? And should I be able to get a good clear coat applied with a .5 brush or am I going to have to use a small touch up spray gun with a .8 or 1 tip? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx

Spray can acrylic top coat did the trick for me. Check with the auto shop they carry non urothane top coats

If you want one to spray through an airbrush, try the Tamiya clear. X-22 is the number. I have used it to clear models and it is nice and glossy.
I just use Rust-oleum 2x gloss clear (rattle can)...great for waterbased and plastics. Just do a dust coat first, then work up to the heavier coats...

Hmm, I wonder how Future would work... or did you say you don't want it shiny? It's too hot, I'm confuzzled :p

Hmm, I wonder how Future would work... or did you say you don't want it shiny? It's too hot, I'm confuzzled :p
I definitely want it shiny as close to an automotive clear as I can get but that can be sprayed on plastic and acrylics.

Hmm, I wonder how Future would work...

Future should work very well. Just make sure your paint is very dry. I'd be worried about the paint layers cracking on anything motorized, Future has just a little bit of flex in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it possible to have a "test" body for your helicopter? (I'm not sure how expensive they are- I know RC Heli parts are like mega expensive) Experiment with a few different ideas and see what holds up best. Does it have to be fuel-proof?

Back