Trigger mod: better height and grip

J

JohnR

Hey I'm an airbrush newbie for sure, but I feel I've improved the action on my Paasche Talon TG2 airbrush with a simple modification.

The trigger seemed slippery and a tad low, so I modded it to raise it up by 5 mm or so, and to dramatically enhance the finger 'grip.'

The solution was simple: Get a 1/2" vacuum cap from your local auto-parts store, then cut the cap just beneath the dome. It should then just press onto the trigger. No need to glue. It hold by friction.

This gives the trigger a much better feel of control. Just my take.

Trigger_Mod.JPG

Original_Paasche.JPG

Thanks for the tip , This is just another way to lengthen the trigger .
just as each airbrush is different so is the way we hold and use them . Some like shorter trigger , some longer and some just keep it stock .

Thanks for the tip , This is just another way to lengthen the trigger .
just as each airbrush is different so is the way we hold and use them . Some like shorter trigger , some longer and some just keep it stock .

Yeah for sure; just personal preference as you say. It raises the trigger a tad, but more importantly for me at least, it creates a grippy rubber dome for positive finger action. Much better than the stock trigger surface IMO.

And the finger rolls over the round shape very comfortably. But as @Mr.Micron said, trigger height is a very personal thing. But as long as you are happy no one can/should tell you which is better.
Oh, for sure. It was just something that seemed to work much better for me so I thought I'd share it in case it helps someone else who, like me, is just learning to use the brush, and wants to experiment with the hand-feel.

Back