Cat video inbound

musicmacd

The Createx Bandit
Today I spent the day painting this postcard size photorealistic cat for YouTube/website god knows what😂😂 it was a great learning curve as I stuck the paper down until the final scratches for the whiskers. Lots of freehand techniques and scratching. No paint mixing required, all straight from the bottle :)

Attachments

• IMG_3195.jpeg
    IMG_3195.jpeg
    584.6 KB · Views: 10
Sorry I saw afterwards that Jackie had my back🙏🏻
Been three days of voice overs, I’ve taken a gamble and bought my musical world I got he art video world, I find most art videos put me to sleep or just bore me. So I’ve made a 2 hour musical journey and used my voice to tell a story🙏🏻

That was some serious effort! The response from my test viewers was the same. It’s a tutorial but not a tutorial, it’s demonstration so much more!
I tried to approach this more from how I watch art videos, I rarely follow along, but pay attention to the techniques and hopefully the thought process behind it. I’m also a musician so I’ve made a musical journey to go with it as I find constant talking drives me crazy (migraine brain probably)

Here’s the trailer and highlights video we made, plus a link to the video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

https://airartstudios.com/products/painting-pets

If anyone wants to purchase or rent, please use AIRART10 for a further 10% off intro price. (I hate money and talking about it and the sales stuff, but something I have to learn to now survive, and I want to give back a bit to this forum)

Thanks for sharing. Great work. Do you hand cut your stencils using a exacto knife or vinyl cutter or laser? I'm guessing laser as I think I see some burn marks on the paper, but have also seen some cut with precision solder pen like carving pens. If you do use a laser, what type? Co2/diode?
Thanks

Thanks for sharing. Great work. Do you hand cut your stencils using a exacto knife or vinyl cutter or laser? I'm guessing laser as I think I see some burn marks on the paper, but have also seen some cut with precision solder pen like carving pens. If you do use a laser, what type? Co2/diode?
Thanks
I usually don’t use this method but wanted to show how you make and use a stencil, this was my first attempt at a laser cut one, the scale was slightly out which confused my eye, but I mention it and make adjustments to help. For paper I have a 5W diode laser, you need a co2 laser for Mylar, but that’s a big investment money and size wise and also smelly which I don’t like being a migraine sufferer!
I got the matching hoping it would do Mylar as it cuts through wood, but no. As it turns out, paper stencil will be great for classes and effects in my own paintings!

Thanks for the reply and info. You can cut the mylar with a diode laser. Lay a piece of black poster board under the mylar and set focal distance to the top of the poster board. I've cut 8 mil, but 4 mil works much better. With either it is just a matter of figuring out the correct power and speed settings for your laser. The yupo paper is really durable and you can cut that with the diode laser. Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply and info. You can cut the mylar with a diode laser. Lay a piece of black poster board under the mylar and set focal distance to the top of the poster board. I've cut 8 mil, but 4 mil works much better. With either it is just a matter of figuring out the correct power and speed settings for your laser. The yupo paper is really durable and you can cut that with the diode laser. Thanks again.
Thanks for the info, I have got it to cut, but it took ages and the detail was terrible, I might try again next week, will get something black, I was using milky Mylar and aluminium for the base.
I’ve found so far that basic printer paper gives amazing detailed results, something I wasn’t expecting!

Back