Finding the right length of needles.

Harvey mentioned Cerakote in His welcome thread, maybe that's why, I know nothing about Cerakote :)
Nor I. I thought that when I saw the welcome Thread, I also do not know where OK is 😬. I have often wondered how well these little compressors mounted under an airbrush work as I have no experience with them..

It's like the old corded drill vs battery drill trade off all over again! Tied to a cord or weight of a battery in your hand.

Nor I. I thought that when I saw the welcome Thread, I also do not know where OK is 😬. I have often wondered how well these little compressors mounted under an airbrush work as I have no experience with them..

It's like the old corded drill vs battery drill trade off all over again! Tied to a cord or weight of a battery in your hand.
From my very limited experience, the hand held compressor worked well. Supposedly puts out 30 psi. I’ve never used a corded one so……

On the bartsharp website they talk of a nozzle like yours ie. It is smooth not grooved but i think you would need more measurements to know if its the right fit but they apparently pride themselves on their customer service.

That may be what you are after. Maybe email them.
Thanks for the link but I decided to switch to another brand. (Master).

ok, I'm going to jump in here and burst your bubble, sorry.
1. Cerakote is designed to be used with an HVLP sprayGUN, not an airbrush.
2. The little battery compressor won't work with an HVLP gun. it's not just about psi, you need to consider the amount of litres the compressor you choose can do. Any HVLP gun will require a minimum of 50L/min, the battery compressor will only give you about 7L/min

there are small compressors (not oil) that will do what you want but you need to check the air volume before you hand over your hard earned cash. you don't need the big noise workshop compressor but if you have one then you can use that with a regulator.

Also, Cerakote should only be sprayed if you have the appropriate respirators and ventilation. Please don't put your health at risk .

Which Cerakote product are you planning on using ?

Not a problem. I’ve gone back and forth with Cerakote’s customer service reps and the airbrush I have will work just fine. Their sprayer would be better but my airbrush will do the job I need it to.
I have already Cerakoted several jobs and the little compressor worked great. I did buy a new one with a .8 nozzle and a kit for a compressor but I’m going to see if I can adapt it to the hand held one (nothing ventured, nothing gained).
I can’t refute all you said other than it works for me.
Thanks for the information, though.

It would be great to see some of what You have painted! :) What do You Cerakote?

Creakote is a type of liquid powder coating it is real particular about it's substrate and prep because it is melted to the surface through baking it on. Comes with a lot of red ! triangles. It has a high content of non shrinking fillers we done a small batch of ally components for a lighting company that specified Creakote. We had to change the thermal couple, install a fan and IR shielding in our kiln to do the job, sounds more complicated than it was. The kiln already had a thermal profile controler fitted. So there was no need for it to be attended and we used some cheap K3 kind of gun with a 0.5 or 0.6mm on it from memory. It was all very silly for parts left behind in the U.S. and could have been painted with engine black rattle can paint...... But
"I am an industrial prostitute".... "you pay,,,,, I come"
😂🤣😂

Okie dokie, here ya go.
Sniper Grey and Flat Dark Earth (FDE).
View attachment 85354
Nice🤤🤤 AR forend full length pic rail doesn't look like M lock slots and a Glock? lighten slide, external extractor 😕 no notch for a red dot, always loved my optics. Even fitted a Bausch and lomb 1.5 to 4 variable to a rolla rocker M1 carb loved that thing. all gone now and the reason I took up fishing and I have to have a licence for that now😂🤣😂

Creakote is a type of liquid powder coating it is real particular about it's substrate and prep because it is melted to the surface through baking it on. Comes with a lot of red ! triangles. It has a high content of non shrinking fillers we done a small batch of ally components for a lighting company that specified Creakote. We had to change the thermal couple, install a fan and IR shielding in our kiln to do the job, sounds more complicated than it was. The kiln already had a thermal profile controler fitted. So there was no need for it to be attended and we used some cheap K3 kind of gun with a 0.5 or 0.6mm on it from memory. It was all very silly for parts left behind in the U.S. and could have been painted with engine black rattle can paint...... But
"I am an industrial prostitute".... "you pay,,,,, I come"
😂🤣😂
I hear ya. I’m using the air cure coatings, though. The C- Series ones. Just spray them, hang them up to dry and they’re touchable in an hour. So far, so good.

Nice🤤🤤 AR forend full length pic rail doesn't look like M lock slots and a Glock? lighten slide, external extractor 😕 no notch for a red dot, always loved my optics. Even fitted a Bausch and lomb 1.5 to 4 variable to a rolla rocker M1 carb loved that thing. all gone now and the reason I took up fishing and I have to have a licence for that now😂🤣😂
Right you are. The hand guard was a spare I’m using to test colors and get some experience in spraying. The slide is for my Giesler 19X and modified on the GG3. The next ones will have the optic cuts.

Back