G'day from a newbie Aussie

L

LighterTouch

Hi guys and girls, thought I'd post here first and introduce myself. I Have had a keen interest in airbrushing for many years but time did not allow for me to take it up. But now I have decided it's time. I know I have a very steep learning curve and have started to acquire various bits and pieces for this hobby. Including a lot of Wicked paints, filters, cleaners and soon will be a quality Airbrush.

Cheers LT

I will refrain from asking newbie questions as I have spent a fair bit of time reading this forum and researching for myself. I do understand that while learning the skills and techniques requirements for airbrushing to the level I "hope" to get to will be mixed emotions, ranging from confusion, frustration, joy .

Welcome to the forum,Or as I call it Mitch's Madhouse!:D Were here to help so if you can't find the answer somewhere in the forum just ask and someone will be along to point you in the right direction,Most of all were here to have fun so enjoy your stay and If you get your thread High Jacked It's all in fun so join right in and don't take it as a bad thinglollollollollollollol

Thank you basepaint. I have read this very forum extensively for a few weeks. Which has spurred me to finally take up the "dark art"

I will take a few pics of some of the gear i have gotten so far, any pointers is always welcome.

Welcome from Adelaide
Nice start to a collection you have there,
I’m using the phone but looks like a primary set of Createx - can’t make out the type.
Auto air , sealers maybe?
As long as you have reducer, restorer it looks like you’re good to go, oh, you’ll also need a compressor, it’s hard work blowing into the hose lol

@musicmacd is from your end of Aus, I’m sure he’ll pop in and say hi shortly

Thanks guys, I have used Steve to buy all my paints and have asked a few questions of him. The paints are some Auto air colours and some candys. Mostly Createx Wicked series consisting of bases, transparent and the illustration lines. I have the reducer, cleaner amd clear. Picked up the Iwata quick connect set, moisture trap. The compressor is next on the list. As well as possibly a new Iwata brush as I have seen some damage on the needle and nozzle of the Hp-c i was given yesterday.

Thanks guys, I have used Steve to buy all my paints and have asked a few questions of him. The paints are some Auto air colours and some candys. Mostly Createx Wicked series consisting of bases, transparent and the illustration lines. I have the reducer, cleaner amd clear. Picked up the Iwata quick connect set, moisture trap. The compressor is next on the list. As well as possibly a new Iwata brush as I have seen some damage on the needle and nozzle of the Hp-c i was given yesterday.
Welcome Buddy. Hope
You enjoy the forum, I’m sure you will. Looks like you have a great start with the kit and doing some research before hand is also a pretty smart way to go. Be sure to post up some work when you get going and don’t ever be concerned with asking questions. There’s an entire thread based on Newbie Questions (you’ll see me in there a lot LOL), and that’s exactly what it’s for. I wouldn’t have made the progress I have without these fantastic folks and asking A LOT haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Roxx, i will ask questions if i cant figure something out. I dont like being beaten by something i start. Don't worry i will post up some work once i have madtered the fundamentals

Thanks Roxx, i will ask questions if i cant figure something out. I dont like being beaten by something i start. Don't worry i will post up some work once i have madtered the fundamentals
Don’t spend to long trying to figure out something on your own, we all remember starting out and there’s no such thing as a stupid question.

Did you get some restorer in your bundle of bottles?? If not get a small bottle when you order parts for your airbrush.
Make sure you check that you’re getting the right parts. they did a plus version of that brush......I don’t know if the parts are interchangeable .....hang on I’ll go check.... so unless @DaveG beats me to it, I’ll be back in a tick

Hi there from Qld!!! this forum is the best thing you will find to help you on your journey, anything is possible with practice and most importantly support, we've all gone through what you are feeling and it can be overwhelming getting all the gear and watching you tube etc!
Don't be afraid of posting any questions here, I'm sure you will get an answer the same day!
Good luck

No i haven't gotten any restorer yet, that is on the list of things to get in the next few weeks. I haven't found anyone as yet who has parts in stock for the original HP-C only the + . So i will either buy the + or save a touch more and get the micron. What is th e restorers main use?

No i haven't gotten any restorer yet, that is on the list of things to get in the next few weeks. I haven't found anyone as yet who has parts in stock for the original HP-C only the + . So i will either buy the + or save a touch more and get the micron. What is th e restorers main use?

You cant go wrong with buying the + version of what you have, its a great workhorse of a brush, with practise you can get some good detail as well as doing large coverage areas easily. A micron is designed for detail and while i'm not saying that you wont get any benefit from it, its not something that is usually recommended to beginners. Once you have your reductions, cleaning and brush control dialled in , then you can get the best out of a micron.

with the HPC and a micron you will have 99% of all your art work covered. Microns are expensive to buy and needles and nozzles are not cheap either and when starting its common to damage both while painting, they are also less forgiving with overly thick paint and will clog quickly, which is where the restorer can come in handy.

Restorer, as MusicMacD has stated is used for a deep cleaning / soaking of nozzles when the need arises. No you dont soak your entire brush, just the bits in the business end. Avoid adding rubber seals to it, you'll be buying new seals.

You only need a small bottle of restorer, the 60ml one will last you ages, its reusable so just grab a small decor sauce/condiment pot with a lid and put some in there for soaking of nozzles..... when the bits are in there, put the lid on, because if you knock it you'll have all kinds of fun hunting nozzles of a micron/ HP !! They're tiny

anyway, enough of my waffling.......... go find a compressor and start painting...... oh yeah, it pays to get a moisture trap / regulator for your compressor if it doesnt come with one :)

Back