Gotta showoff... airbrush only

Leakyvalve

Mac-Valve Maestro!
So I picked this up off Ebay a little while ago. $60 to my door!!! I thought it was a scam but I knew I would be protected for the most part, so I gave it a shot. Had to do a total breakdown clean job.
I don't believe it's a 2016 model, like the "TB" indicates. More than likely a 1995 if my reverse time stamping is correct. Has the rubber needle packing. Needle and nozzle were in great shape which is rare for a Ebay brush. Anyways, I thought I would share. I jump on these deals whenever I see them.
Also, does anyone know if the newer Micron one piece needle rocker is a drop in replacement. I've got two brushes now that the floating rocker moves around and it messes with my needle adjustments. 20181010_110613.jpg

that is a great find for that price , sadly I sold my old micron so I cant tell you if the the one piece replacement of the new micron will fit that brush but I do know I never had any trouble with my old version micron with the drop in rocker

I believe one piece won't fit. I don't think it has the slot in the bottom for the guide that keeps the two piece from rotating.
But.....I'm working on something that may make you very happy to have the old two piece version....... actually a couple things.....:lipssealed:;)

Anyway, helluva score!

Last edited:
I believe one piece won't fit. I don't think it has the slot in the bottom for the guide that keeps the two piece from rotating.
But.....I'm working on something that may make you very happy to have the old two piece version....... actually a couple things.....:lipssealed:;)

Anyway, helluva score!

Such a tease...

Speaking of... Is that an unoriginal guide screw in that one?

I have no idea but it the chrome is wore off it. If I could get that thing outta there a one piece rocker should fit right? I remember trying to remove one a long time ago and it was super tight. I may not have succeeded and just gave up.. can't remember.

I have no idea but it the chrome is wore off it. If I could get that thing outta there a one piece rocker should fit right? I remember trying to remove one a long time ago and it was super tight. I may not have succeeded and just gave up.. can't remember.
As I understand it no. The screw is just insurance for a ring that is pressed into the body which has the actual part the slot goes on to.
Also I'm not sure if a rocker will fit through the hole that ring makes...

But the original screw I don't think sticks out like that....could be wrong idk

the newer auxiliary lever/needle chucking guide will not fit. That is the original screw, have no idea why they did them that way, as the older (original) Olympos versions had a countersunk head. The new V2 does not have one at all...

Great snag! I have gotten many brushes from Ebay that I am quite content with.

oh, and that is much older than 2016 - the V2 came out I think in the early 2000's putting an end to the V1's...

the newer auxiliary lever/needle chucking guide will not fit. That is the original screw, have no idea why they did them that way, as the older (original) Olympos versions had a countersunk head. The new V2 does not have one at all...

As well, there's no reason to ever take it out so why not just use a slotted plug type like a set screw...... engineering mysteries of the 90s lol
I guess so noone put it in there too far?
Idk the whole screw seems wierd and really unnecessary

Any chance you have some input on my rocker movement problem? I've got two of these now that if you do a cleanout blast, the rocker will change position and hold the needle open. Then if you re-adjust the needle, the rocker will shift again and wedge the needle into the nozzle.
I can also get these to "click" around. Meaning as the trigger is moved back and forth, they click up and down.
Sometimes they stay put for awhile, but before long, you start having problems.

Also, where is stock rocker tab height? Is is level with the top of the brush body, or a little above, or way above?

Any chance you have some input on my rocker movement problem? I've got two of these now that if you do a cleanout blast, the rocker will change position and hold the needle open. Then if you re-adjust the needle, the rocker will shift again and wedge the needle into the nozzle.
I can also get these to "click" around. Meaning as the trigger is moved back and forth, they click up and down.
Sometimes they stay put for awhile, but before long, you start having problems.

Also, where is stock rocker tab height? Is is level with the top of the brush body, or a little above, or way above?

I know what you mean about the auxiliary lever (that is what it is called) moving around - when I put a brush together, I will normally pull the trigger back with no needle installed, and snag the top of the auxiliary lever with an xacto blade, finger nail, anything, just enough to interrupt it's movement with the trigger - and they normally find their natural spot. Once located, I rarely ever have an issue with them. You may also try just the slightest bit of vasaline in between the trigger and the tab on the top of the lever to add just a bit of lubrication - I use Airbrush Balm (from Foxy Studios).

I don't know why people love the one piece aux leaver, two piece on my CM-C+, one piece on my CM-SB2. I pull it off anyway when I disassemble my SB, and putting in the original two piece is easier once you get it down. So i guess to each their own, nice find though.

Back