H&S 2024 Line

This is a throw-away practice portrait I did with the Evolution 2024. I started using Createx Translucent black thinned with 2401 thinner and I get the softest, smokiest atomization out of the 0.28mm nozzle. I really love this gun and continue to be happy with the purchase.

I went ahead and picked up the illustration colors Createx 12 pack and have a few images I'm planning out already.

Very exciting!
4011 reducer* (correction)

I'm curious as heck as to what changes will be made to the new Infinity. I see that the Infinity CR Plus isn't on their web site (but is on Spray Gunner, etc) so I would expect something soon.. I have been eyeballing in the new Chameleon brushes and it's tempting to pull the trigger on one, specifically the Spring model. I noticed the new Chameleon brushes come w/ a 0.28 needle rather than a 0.2 so I am wondering if the new Infinity CR Plus will come w/ the same 0.28 needle

I'm curious as heck as to what changes will be made to the new Infinity. I see that the Infinity CR Plus isn't on their web site (but is on Spray Gunner, etc) so I would expect something soon.. I have been eyeballing in the new Chameleon brushes and it's tempting to pull the trigger on one, specifically the Spring model. I noticed the new Chameleon brushes come w/ a 0.28 needle rather than a 0.2 so I am wondering if the new Infinity CR Plus will come w/ the same 0.28 needle
This is unofficial, of course, but Warrick emailed me saying they're hoping for an April release. He did say it will have some "pretty serious new features" so they need some extra time to test it.

Glad I kept a slot open in my foam cut-out for it. Hopefully they didn't change the size too much. 😅

This is unofficial, of course, but Warrick emailed me saying they're hoping for an April release. He did say it will have some "pretty serious new features" so they need some extra time to test it.

Glad I kept a slot open in my foam cut-out for it. Hopefully they didn't change the size too much. 😅
I have some ideas of possible changes like having the cup moved forward a bit or/and new innards. I just can't see them changing the main body too much. It would be nice if the changes were only made to the main body and innards, and it would be nice to possibly convert the old to the new.

I have some ideas of possible changes like having the cup moved forward a bit or/and new innards. I just can't see them changing the main body too much. It would be nice if the changes were only made to the main body and innards, and it would be nice to possibly convert the old to the new.
The Giraldez model has several of the 2024 machined parts and a few updates - most notable is the updated tension spring casing, chucking nut, and some special modifications to the trigger.

I suspect we will see the 2024 chucking nut, a new trigger spring tension case with similar machining to the evolution, new air caps to match the .28 and .45mm caps on the Evolution.

Since the Infinity is their premiere line, I suspect they'll add something else unique to set it apart from the Evolution 2024 (which will be challenging as the Evo 2024 is damn near perfect)

That is what I was waiting for too. That Dave takes the new Evolution to its limits and gives us his honest thoughts of this beauty 👍😎

Man that new Evo is nice!!! I would really love to get one!
Does anyone know if both Evo 2024 Squidmar versions are 2 in 1 as standard? Are there no solo versions of either?
But then again I think that if/when I get one I will frame it look at it all day and never use it lol
@rockanon don't say you've already used yours! I know I never would if I got one just like it!
Also waiting for @DaveG 's verdict.

Does anyone know if both Evo 2024 Squidmar versions are 2 in 1 as standard? Are there no solo versions of either?
But then again I think that if/when I get one I will frame it look at it all day and never use it lol
@rockanon don't say you've already used yours! I know I never would if I got one just like it!
@DaveG 's been talkin' up a storm on FB about the Evo2024 😅

I was just using my squidmar last night infact @TheCROW .

I honestly think the hand feel of the triple chrome on the standard Evo 2024 is better than the squidmar version. The graphics have an almost rubbery hand feel (very matte), and the actual graphics feel raised a bit so there's a texture there too. It is a very beautiful brush though.

The website says both the chrome and black chrome versions are 2-in-1. They also both include the in-line Mac valve above the quick disconnect nipple. I already use a H&S blue hose so now I have two MAC valves when using the squidmar version (there is no advantage to this lol the hose one just gets in the way).

If you want to save some scratch, go with the basic Evo 2024. You won't be disappointed.

I was just using my squidmar last night infact @TheCROW .

I honestly think the hand feel of the triple chrome on the standard Evo 2024 is better than the squidmar version. The graphics have an almost rubbery hand feel (very matte), and the actual graphics feel raised a bit so there's a texture there too. It is a very beautiful brush though.

The website says both the chrome and black chrome versions are 2-in-1. They also both include the in-line Mac valve above the quick disconnect nipple. I already use a H&S blue hose so now I have two MAC valves when using the squidmar version (there is no advantage to this lol the hose one just gets in the way).

If you want to save some scratch, go with the basic Evo 2024. You won't be disappointed.
Wow! Thanks for your reply!!! I actually was thinking about getting the Squidmar CR+ but I thought only the black one had the Mac Valve (FPC)!!! That's great to know. Haven't seen it on their website. Can you please tell me where they specify this? Just to be sure.
I think the Standard Evolution 2024 CR+ doesn't have the FPC so I think I'll get the Squidmar CR+.
Thanks again!
I'll be sure to check DaveG's FB posts.

I was just using my squid
Wow! Thanks for your reply!!! I actually was thinking about getting the Squidmar CR+ but I thought only the black one had the Mac Valve (FPC)!!! That's great to know. Haven't seen it on their website. Can you please tell me where they specify this? Just to be sure.
I think the Standard Evolution 2024 CR+ doesn't have the FPC so I think I'll get the Squidmar CR+.
Thanks again!
I'll be sure to check DaveG's FB posts.
Sorry, maybe my post was confusing - only the black squidmar has a Mac valve. The production (chrome) squidmar doesn't, nor does the base Evo 2024. H&S makes a blue woven hose that has a quick connect fitting with a small air valve on it. This is what i use with my black squidmar.

I was just using my squid

Sorry, maybe my post was confusing - only the black squidmar has a Mac valve. The production (chrome) squidmar doesn't, nor does the base Evo 2024. H&S makes a blue woven hose that has a quick connect fitting with a small air valve on it. This is what i use with my black squidmar.
Thanks for your reply, you're right, I just checked on Squidmar Miniatures FB page, he says only the black edition has the mac valve.
I do have a quick disconnect with a Mac valve, but it would be nicer to have it built in the brush itself....
I'm not too keen on the matte black coating so I guess it will be one of the CR+ versions for me.

Thanks for your reply, you're right, I just checked on Squidmar Miniatures FB page, he says only the black edition has the mac valve.
I do have a quick disconnect with a Mac valve, but it would be nicer to have it built in the brush itself....
I'm not too keen on the matte black coating so I guess it will be one of the CR+ versions for me.
I'm not sure if it's an option, but I wonder if they sell the MAC Valve separately? H&S brushes are very modular.

Back