Hi from the UK

A

Aneirin

Hello there, used to paint models when I was little...but I was abysmal. Basically slbbed a couple of colours and they looked gaudy, bright and lost all detail.

Recently got back into it over the past few years but still with brush work, have been getting better, but things took ages and especially with larger models, i found i jsut couldn't muster up the will and time to paint a whole model by brush.

So I heard of airbrushes, and as I had backed reaper Bones 1, 2 and 3 had several hundred unpainted models, many of them large taht I needed to paint and thought that will make basecoating easier, then saw some other stuff that could be done and though, well, that looks really interesting.

Bit of a NOOB, still learning the techniques but since I got my airbrush things have been going much, much faster in regards to painting.

Airbrush:- Iwata Eclipse (gravity fed) 0.25 mm needle
Compressor:- Master Airbrush Air Compressor Model TC-20T
(essentially I think this is a commonly sold starter set, seemed to be quite a few of this pairing around)
Paints:- Vallejo model air

Welcome Aneirin
Model building is fun and painting them with an airbrush is so much easier then with a hairy brush .
A little correction with your Iwata Eclipse CS it has a .35 needle/nozzle set up due to that is the smallest that Iwata makes to fit it :D
You do not have to stick with model paints :D You can use Wicked airbrush paint for your models , Or Testor has a new line out as well .
Vallejo is great paint but I am just saying you have others that you can try as well .

post up some of your models so we can see what type you are into building.
And thank you for making an introduction

Welcome from Texas! I must admit it was Model Air that got me interested in airbrushing in the first place although I have yet to actually use it for that. I do use a lot of Vallejo and Reaper paints with hairy brush though. There is some inconsistency between the colors in the thickness of the paint. Some are thinner than others and Model Air is thinned down even further for airbrush. As has been said some of them are transparents so they are not meant for coverage. They are washes.

Back