HOK Solid Bases

Hi, can anybody give me some thoughts on buying HOK KANDYKIT...description below.

2oz PREMIXED KK/SG100 House of Kolor Custom Paint Finishes HOK ALL KITS HOK BC01 - Solar Gold Metallic HOK BC02 - Orion Silver Metallic HOK KK01/SG100 - Brandywine Kandy Basecoat HOK KK02/SG100 - Lime Gold Kandy Basecoat HOK KK04/SG100 - Oriental Blue Kandy Basecoat HOK KK05/SG100 - Cobalt Blue Kandy Basecoat HOK KK07/SG100 - Root Beer Kandy Basecoat HOK KK08/SG100 - Tangerine Kandy Basecoat HOK KK09/SG100 - Organic Green Kandy Basecoat HOK KK11/SG100 - Apple Red Kandy Basecoat HOK KK12/SG100 - Pagan Gold Kandy Basecoat HOK KK10/SG100 - Purple Kandy Basecoat HOK RU311 - Medium Reducer These kits include both Silver Basecoat (BC) and Gold Basecoat (BC) along with the 10 most popular House of Kolor Kandy Concentrates (KK) pre-blended to HOK Standards with SG100 intercoat clear to make a ready to spray Kandy basecoat system.

As we do not get this kind of stuff in SA (that i could find) i ordered it from oversea.
Some explanation on the fact that they state you can make 20 colors with this..10 over silver base and 10 over gold base would be helpfull.

Tnx

Hi, can anybody give me some thoughts on buying HOK KANDYKIT...description below.

2oz PREMIXED KK/SG100 House of Kolor Custom Paint Finishes HOK ALL KITS HOK BC01 - Solar Gold Metallic HOK BC02 - Orion Silver Metallic HOK KK01/SG100 - Brandywine Kandy Basecoat HOK KK02/SG100 - Lime Gold Kandy Basecoat HOK KK04/SG100 - Oriental Blue Kandy Basecoat HOK KK05/SG100 - Cobalt Blue Kandy Basecoat HOK KK07/SG100 - Root Beer Kandy Basecoat HOK KK08/SG100 - Tangerine Kandy Basecoat HOK KK09/SG100 - Organic Green Kandy Basecoat HOK KK11/SG100 - Apple Red Kandy Basecoat HOK KK12/SG100 - Pagan Gold Kandy Basecoat HOK KK10/SG100 - Purple Kandy Basecoat HOK RU311 - Medium Reducer These kits include both Silver Basecoat (BC) and Gold Basecoat (BC) along with the 10 most popular House of Kolor Kandy Concentrates (KK) pre-blended to HOK Standards with SG100 intercoat clear to make a ready to spray Kandy basecoat system.

As we do not get this kind of stuff in SA (that i could find) i ordered it from oversea.
Some explanation on the fact that they state you can make 20 colors with this..10 over silver base and 10 over gold base would be helpfull.

Tnx

Mixing the House of Kolor Urethanes watch this video made by the owner of Coast Airbrush..

HOK small kits HOK Kits,House Of Kolor Kits-Airbrush,Coast:
HOK New shimrin 2 small set Coast Airbrush Products

Great vid. Tnx alot!...but i`m still confused over mixing colors over a SILVER BASE.

Great vid. Tnx alot!...but i`m still confused over mixing colors over a SILVER BASE.

You not mixing colors . The different color base will give the Kandy a different tone or in some cases a color shift which makes it appear to be a different color.
I think their wording is misleading . Silver base + Kandy = I brighter color with more pop than Gold Base + Kandy.
Think of it as paint a color over white and paint the same color over black . even thou they are the same color you are spraying the why the light works off the base coat you picked will give that color a different look .
Hope that makes sense.

oooooooooooh o_O got it, tnx
Sumtimes u need to hear things like your 3 years old to understand hehehe

Tnx

That's the kit that I bought to get me started spraying kandies. Once you get bit by the airbrush bug, then comes the kandy bug and clear coat bug, then spray gun bug. And gold leaf bug.. All kinds of darn bugs biting me. Now that I have some ru311 and sg100 I can buy the stuff that is not premixed and get more bang for my buck.

Looking forward too some of those darn bugs...lol Only setback is that we in South Africa has to buy that oversea and its becomes pretty expensive...not to mention that 1USD equals 8ZAR. If there is something similar in SA, will someone let me know please.

uhmm...what is the gold leaf bug?

Well, I acquired a subscription to the digital copy of airbrush magazine on the ipad... I saw this guy doing stuff with gold leaf and it looks like gold. See attached image. I had to find out how to do it and they sell gold leaf and silver leaf as well as other leafs at michaels. Not sure if you have that store in Africa. It cool stuff..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363946359.664572.jpg

Tnx man. No we dont have a store like that...but i`l poke around and see what i can find.

TNX Mr Micron... i did find a supplier for any future leafing needs in S.A, but as suspected...pricey!! Anyone worked with imitation gold/Silver leaf?

Yeah that's what I use... The imitation. The real gold leaf that I saw is 10 times more expensive than the imitation. I won't buy the real stuff for a while until I learn to apply the imitation golf leaf correctly. Which could be a while. Lol

Back