Ive been experimenting.

Padre

Needle-chuck Ninja
So I've been experimenting with the leather dyes. The dye I'm using, Fiebings Pro Dye. Is a solvent based dye. Researching found that few people have thinned it out with isopropyl alcohol. So I decided to try it and see what happens. I found that it responds more like candies when thinned. Its so much easier to achieve different shades of the same color. Also found that there is a dye reducer made specifically for it. Picking some up today. I suspect the same results since its 85%-95% ethanol and 5-15% isopropyl alcohol.
Really want to find out how over reduced one can push it to.

That's some nice work there Padre 👍👍
Never occurred to me to A/B leather
Make's sense though

Very nice Padre. You idea seems to be well worth using.

Curious to see how the dye reducer works for you and your comparison of the two.

Update:
I haven't had time to try out the fiebing's thinner. Its been extremely hectic. Holidays and all. Thanks to black friday sales, I finally have an actual place to work, instead of my old a$$ sitting on the floor. This desk is not only adjustable height, it also can also become an easel. Perfect fit for me.20231129_042037.jpg20231129_042037.jpg
Also, my fiance decided to give me part of my Christmas present early. So I'm now a official business. She paid for me to become an LLC and for my TPT license. Now I can buy what I need for my business wholesale and tax free20231125_005052.jpg

Congrats on the whole bundle Padre. You seem to have picked the right fiance. That is more important.

So I've been experimenting with the leather dyes. The dye I'm using, Fiebings Pro Dye. Is a solvent based dye. Researching found that few people have thinned it out with isopropyl alcohol. So I decided to try it and see what happens. I found that it responds more like candies when thinned. Its so much easier to achieve different shades of the same color. Also found that there is a dye reducer made specifically for it. Picking some up today. I suspect the same results since its 85%-95% ethanol and 5-15% isopropyl alcohol.
Really want to find out how over reduced one can push it to.
Hi Padre,
Your leather art it's beautiful. I like how you use your combination of colors. Congratulations on becoming a businessman, and now you even have the studio to spend all your time with your art! I wish you the best with your new entrepreneurship! 🙏 😊 -Lisa

Nice work. An interesting new use of airbrushing I've never seen before. Look forward to seeing more in the future!
I'm also very jealous. Wish I had the guts to turn my passions into profit.

Back