Iwatas are really very good aren’t they

Wizard_Theron

Mac-Valve Maestro!
I bought two Iwatas as a pair for £40. I was looking for a HP-SB plus and it came bundled with a Revolution CR.

Obviously a good price but the SB came without a needle or needle cap and in fact when it turned up i found the nozzle is very flared too, it aint going to work, and new ones are expensive! Got replacements, cleaned it up, tested it out and as expected it sprays FANTASTIC. Here it is. Manufactured Nov 2021. Barely a scuff on it.
168FEB49-0775-45ED-B54D-683F8AC6AB54.jpeg

I’m thinking sell the Revolution CR and that covers most of the cost including the parts on the SB. Result: keep the high end airbrush for little overall cost. Good plan.

So I cleaned the Revolution which was quite dirty, even paint as far as the valve, but the needle packing is perfect, so I don’t know what the previous owner did. Poured paint onto the trigger? Anyway, it has nothing missing and is in good condition, except some cosmetic plier damage to the nozzle cap. Manufactured Sep 2020. Tested it. And the thing is - the problem is - it spray’s absolutely wonderfully. 0.5 nozzle but you can achieve impressive thin detail with it as well as punch out loads of paint if you need to. It’s just real quality. I don’t have time or energy to actually paint much and when i do i want a quality brush and this lower end model is great.

The problem is, now I want to keep them both! (Nice problem to have of course)
E8268720-F464-426E-8253-378CDB559802.jpeg

There have been very few Japanese airbrushes that I didn't get along with - and find just about everything coming out of those manufacturing facilities something I know I can depend on. There was a reason I chose a nozzle from Fuso Seiki for my first scratch built brush, and it didn't disappoint. Congrats on your TWO new acquisitions.

Sounds like a bargain, keep them both for now, what other brushes do you have? Like you say you can do wide coverage with the revolution so they have different characteristics for different applications.
Yes, yes, just keep them both for now, for a little while. See what happens. And yes, different applications. Very wise, all of that.

I have a few others I’ve not shown yet. A couple of Rich brushes I’ll post when I can. As @DaveG points out, you know with the japanese brushes that you’re going to be happy.

I bought two Iwatas as a pair for £40. I was looking for a HP-SB plus and it came bundled with a Revolution CR.

Obviously a good price but the SB came without a needle or needle cap and in fact when it turned up i found the nozzle is very flared too, it aint going to work, and new ones are expensive! Got replacements, cleaned it up, tested it out and as expected it sprays FANTASTIC. Here it is. Manufactured Nov 2021. Barely a scuff on it.
View attachment 86953

I’m thinking sell the Revolution CR and that covers most of the cost including the parts on the SB. Result: keep the high end airbrush for little overall cost. Good plan.

So I cleaned the Revolution which was quite dirty, even paint as far as the valve, but the needle packing is perfect, so I don’t know what the previous owner did. Poured paint onto the trigger? Anyway, it has nothing missing and is in good condition, except some cosmetic plier damage to the nozzle cap. Manufactured Sep 2020. Tested it. And the thing is - the problem is - it spray’s absolutely wonderfully. 0.5 nozzle but you can achieve impressive thin detail with it as well as punch out loads of paint if you need to. It’s just real quality. I don’t have time or energy to actually paint much and when i do i want a quality brush and this lower end model is great.

The problem is, now I want to keep them both! (Nice problem to have of course)
View attachment 86954
Great airbrushes

Back