Paint accumulation on the outside of the airbrush needle cap?

stefanvalent

Young Tutorling
Hi everyone. Before I start buying replacement parts, I thought I should ask here - I have an Iwata Micron CM-SB. Lately I noticed when spraying that paint will accumulate on the outside of the needle cap. The airbrush has been cleaned, and under a magnifying glass I can't see any obvious problems like the needle being bent or any cracks on the nozzle or nozzle cap... Any idea what might be going on here?

Here's a quick video for reference:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When spraying at large needle openings like that, what happens if you remove the needle cap?

Also, are you in a colder climate/dry air?

When I remove the needle cap it sprays just fine - Perfectly circular and consistent. No splatter. Fine lines are no problem...

I don't really think there is an issue, so to speak. Provided none of the fingers on the crown cap are bent in, I think what you are seeing is just the results of drier air (static electricity,) and surface tension. The Micron in particular is not really meant for spraying at wide open needle positions - being a more detail oriented brush. When you need to blast away, just remove the cap...

I don't really think there is an issue, so to speak. Provided none of the fingers on the crown cap are bent in, I think what you are seeing is just the results of drier air (static electricity,) and surface tension. The Micron in particular is not really meant for spraying at wide open needle positions - being a more detail oriented brush. When you need to blast away, just remove the cap...
Alright, thank you! I've just never noticed this before... My basement is much cooler than usual right now, maybe that has something to do with it.

Back