M’s Artist log/development

Nicely done young lady.
Beautiful color combinations
I'm certain your friend will absolutely love it.

On yellows, greens next, this is time consuming but satisfying (do I really need all these yellows 😃🤪)

Attachments

• IMG_2205.jpeg
    IMG_2205.jpeg
    587.5 KB · Views: 11
I realise for me to progress now in my airbrushing I need more space to lay out printed references and masking and having what’s necessary at hand. I’d like to try a photo realistic painting of Bella just as an exercise in learning some techniques - scratching, erasing etc (oh yes and brush control 🤣). I have a question or two about photo realism but I’ll wait until I’ve done one first 😄.
I’ve uploaded a couple of abstract paintings, I did these well over ten years ago, I was quite happy with them at the time, I felt a lot more confident then, maybe with social media now and seeing all the amazing art out there it’s made me feel that maybe they aren’t what art is supposed to be if in fact are they any good at all, although I will always say confidently to everyone that there are no rules and create from your heart and soul. Regardless, these feelings of inadequacy that I experience from time to time don’t stop me from striving to create and learn and it never will. I’m really just sharing these because it’s a way of applying colour, shape and composition that I enjoy and I might do more of in the future, maybe they’ll get better with more practice, I do know for certain that what I tried to do with oil paints is going to be a lot easier and quicker with airbrushing.

Attachments

• IMG_2214.jpeg
    IMG_2214.jpeg
    341.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2212.jpeg
    IMG_2212.jpeg
    349.5 KB · Views: 10
These are very nice actually. Must have been quite the challenge without using an airbrush.
Abstract can never be looked at through the same lens as a portrait or landscape. It comes from a totally different place within the artist and is just as valid as any other style.

Your determination to overcome feeling inadequate with striving to improve and learn is excellent. I have found when I reach a ceiling in my learning process, regardless of the field of study, when I push through to the other side it's a new floor to stand on to reach out to the next ceiling. A wonderful freedom.

Yes, more space will help you, just don't crowd Bella too much or you will have more 'help' than you want.

These are very nice actually. Must have been quite the challenge without using an airbrush.
Abstract can never be looked at through the same lens as a portrait or landscape. It comes from a totally different place within the artist and is just as valid as any other style.

Your determination to overcome feeling inadequate with striving to improve and learn is excellent. I have found when I reach a ceiling in my learning process, regardless of the field of study, when I push through to the other side it's a new floor to stand on to reach out to the next ceiling. A wonderful freedom.

Yes, more space will help you, just don't crowd Bella too much or you will have more 'help' than you want.
Thanks very much Joe 🙏🤗, when I was much younger we didn’t have the internet only select books (and I didn’t have many) on well known artists, one of my favourites was Kandinsky, I loved his art, (although my attempts at abstract are nothing like his), at that time I made up my mind that one day I would like to explore abstract. I really hope that I can dedicate the next couple of years to making my way through some more ceilings, as long as Bella lets me that is, she likes to sit on my knee at every opportunity 🤣
I hope that you’ll be in a position soon to get your airbrush set up 🙏

Back