For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Paasche AB x 2

Discussion in 'Airbrushes' started by DaveG, Apr 18, 2019.

1. DaveG

DaveG Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

I received an as new Paasche AB Turbo to add to my collection. Was really nice to get my hands on one that has not been previously messed with, so that I can actually see and experience what it is supposed to be like. I got it working well enough that it allowed me to then easily set up an older one that I have (mid 40's vintage). I have read every piece of literature I could find, watched video's, and still could not get my first one sorted out to my satisfaction - till I had a chance to try one that worked the way it was supposed to - then it was like a light bulb turning on :p. Looking forward to spending some more time with it. Oh, I titled the post Paasche AB x 2 because this experience allowed me to get my older one working quite nicely.

If there is anyone in this group that uses one, I do have a question that may be better answered by someone that has some experience with one.

paasche ab82.jpg
    Sali, doc1, jord001 and 4 others like this.
  2. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member! Very Likeable!

I would love one of those.
    jord001 and DaveG like this.
  3. MarcosD

MarcosD Mac-Valve Maestro!

Yea, me too, I looked for one but never found any, don’t know how he does it!! He is a magician!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
  4. KorbenD

KorbenD Young Tutorling

I've got several, what question do you have? I'll see if I can help out.
  5. DaveG

Thanks, Korben. On this AB the walking arm plunger will make contact with the power wheel assembly when the trigger draw gets to be about half, and causes everything to slow down or stop. The top shaft bearing will bottom out before I can adjust it far enough to completely solve the occurrence. Any idea's?
  6. KorbenD

KorbenD Young Tutorling

Is the power wheel below the level of the opening on the front? It might be misaligned with the bottom bearing.

If you were comfortable with it, I'd say remove the top grease cup and bearing, then remove the wheel housing. Then ensure the power wheel is centered and sitting in the bottom bearing. Might even give it an ultrasonic bath while you have it apart. Can you take some pictures of how it looks now?
  7. DaveG

Oh, I have had the brush completely apart - every screw, bolt, and spring out and inspected. The brush is clean, maybe the cleanest I have seen. It was never used before - maybe only seen the light of day two or three times before I got it. I will get some photo's in the next few days.
    doc1 likes this.