Stand for airbrushing

Pascal-A

Gravity Guru
Hello,
Recently I started with airbrushing.
Something I think is difficult to work with is airbrushing on a flat surface.
I always worked on a table.
Would a stand be a big improvement to make better work? Is it easier to work on compared to a flat surface?

If so, what stand could you advice? Sometimes I see in video's that people use something that looks like magnets to hold masks in place.
Does this mean a stand for airbrush needs to be with a metal background to use with magnets?

It is all up to you. If you can work flat and it is comfortable, continue with it. I started off with a wooden board clamped vertical in table top easel. I've slowly dropped the angle and I'm now on a board at about 30 degrees from flat. But my surface is not just used for airbrushing but other art forms as well. I've added a metal sheet on top of it so that I can use magnets. I use the magnets to hold the paper/board in place and to hold shields and masks in place. The easiest setup is just a magnetic office white board clamped in a desktop easel.

I bought a small desktop easel that has some adjustment for angle. It was really cheap and while it does have its drawbacks, it works fine for now.
I also bought a whiteboard so I could sit that in the easel and have a magnetic surface to work on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm planning to buy something like that too.
Maybe it's best to go for a surface that's a little bit too big so there's place to add an example picture.

I bought a small desktop easel that has some adjustment for angle. It was really cheap and while it does have its drawbacks, it works fine for now.
I also bought a whiteboard so I could sit that in the easel and have a magnetic surface to work on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I did. I have a large studio easel/whiteboard combo with magnets to hold unstretched canvas in place as well as shields , reference material etc..

Back