Kustom trigger on HP?

kjukju

pretty old tutorling
Hi there, is it possible to replace the trigger of a hp-b+ with the longer trigger of the Kustom series? Would probably help me to get better control . I'm a little gross motor skilled ;)

I don't know but why not try Josh's idea of using a glue gun to add height to his trigger then you can try a taller trigger and see if you like it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Jim

I wouldn't say it's gonna give you better control. It just makes less pull to draw the needle back which gives you easier control with less finger fatigue. Of course I've used a standard trigger for years and just shave the front of mine off, and after switching to some tall boy triggers, I found it hurt my knuckle a little cause of the new added height angle and had to adjust how I spray. I am what you call a knuckle dragger, I use the side of my knuckle instead of my finger tip to control the trigger. Less movement needed and super control of the airbrush.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I don't know but why not try Josh's idea of using a glue gun to add height to his trigger then you can try a taller trigger and see if you like it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Jim
Thanks a lot! I put it to the test this evening and it's really a huge improovment for me.
I'm not an artist by now, but it gets me more time to react. Great tip!!!

I went through a "tall trigger" phase, I guess you'd call it, but I've found that I like shorter triggers a lot better now. But, if you want to try it out, the method in the video is probably the easiest way to see how you like it without much hassle.

Great video suggestion above. I've also tried those cabinet stick ons in the past - they can work ok - as soon as you clean you AB though - they can come loose. To answer the question - Yes you can use the Kustom triggers on the other IWATA models - As long as the models are the same - Ie: -The Kustom CS trigger works on the HP CS - so on....
Badger used to sell their AB's with a small little black trigger cap - I like it but it just fell off a lot - not sure if they still sell em??

Back