New toy for my collection

Strictly Attitude

Air-Valve Autobot!
I spent a woping $18 on this bad boy can't wait to use it. Googled the name on the box it was an Artist from Newtown Ct. where it came from. Well kept looks like a home made nozzle cleaner and spare nozzle and needle also.uploadfromtaptalk1424834197447.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424834217843.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424834237066.jpg

Dear djfxall,

The airbrush belonged to my father-in-law, Martin Glaberson, who was an industrial designer. He used it throughout his career. Here is his bio:

Martin Glaberson,1914-2012, Industrial Designer, Architect, Illustrator, Painter, Sculptor

Martin Glaberson’s career was as an industrial designer, but his real passion was for art. His enormous range of work included painting, sculpture, architecture, packaging and product design, furniture design, clay sculpture, ceramics, metal, jewelry, lapidary, and technical rendering.

Martin was born in 1914 – one year after the birth of the Modern movement in America – and was deeply affected by the sweep of Modernism. He attended New York University School of Architecture and Allied Arts and earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts, graduating Magna cum Laude. He taught at NYU for several years after his graduation. At NYU he worked with some of the great names in art and architecture - both professors and students - like Gilbert Rohde, Leonard Baskin, Ezra Stoller, and Winold Reiss. Martin won prizes in several design competitions and as a result one of his entries, a chair, was exhibited at the Museum of Modern Art.

Throughout his career he designed office equipment, fountain pens for Eversharp, shick safety razors, packaging, POS displays and even some advertising. While in the military he designed and illustrated a wide variety of military subjects including an image of a War Room that was published on the centerfold of the New York Times Magazine one week after the invasion of Pearl Harbor.

In 1950 he co-founded 21 Acres, a unique modernist community of 13 homes in Ardsley, NY. Martin personally designed four of the homes. 21 Acres has been featured in the national press for its innovative architecture, including Progressive Architecture magazine.

Retiring in 1977, he focused on the fine arts the next 35 years of his life. He entered and won numerous competitions in oil, watercolor, and other media.

Thanks, Cindy.

- eriberry
Asked the seller for info previous owner of the AB

Very cool to get the back ground on the person who used it. That was a great story too.

It gets better they are gonna get me some pictures and I am gonna do a portrait of him using the AB. I told them I would have a print made for yhem but will more than likely send them the actual painting.

Back