Got me a new toy ;)

Malky

Pencil Pushing Protagonist
I should have been on holiday for two weeks starting form Monday last week, but an old guy who's son was away on holiday abroad wanted to surprise his son by having his house painted form top to bottom, since me and my mate thought that was cool of him we agreed to oblige, I did the job on my own because my mate was out of town working elsewhere, now the money for this job was money I wouldn't otherwise have had so my wife agreed I should spend it on myself and I don't need to be told twice, I was planning on another airbrush but since my tiny studio compressor who has served me well can't do anything other than low pressure airbrushing I decided to go for a new compressor instead, I thought about the Sparmax compressor @beanpoleuk got awarded but thought it may be a little too small for my needs so I got got one that was linked by @maffie instead, the shop is 35 minutes from my house so I went and picked it up, they were kind enough to let me hear it before deciding to buy and I stood right next to it having a conversation with the lady in the shop and we were able to talk as normal without having raise out voices, so my mind was made up:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I was discussing it with @CALz AyrWKz who requested photos if I got it so here they are;)

20160810_104939.jpg

20160810_110806.jpg

You will notice that the box is standing in the same place as the compressor is, the time it took to get the box off of it was around 3.8 seconds:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: however the fun stopped right there, I had to put on the wheels myself and there was nothing in the instructions about which wheel was left or right so pondered for over an hour trying to work it out, in the end my wife who is actually very technical said "just put them anywhere and see how it rolls" and I thought, wow an d kissed on the cheek since I would have been stuck all day trying to sort it out, anyway I did what she said and it seemed to roll fine, but to be on the safe side I have marked the wheels on the inside with left and right just in case I should ever have to take them off again and I won't be caught out again:thumbsup:

@maffie I was talking to the lady in the shop and explained to her that I came across this compressor thanks to your thread here on the forum, she thought that was cool and asked to see the thread so I gave her forum address and found the thread for her, she looked at your avatar and exclaimed "That girl was in here two days ago and bought the small one", I thought your avatar was a cartoon and it's actually you:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: that is so cool, anyway thanks for the tip and may your day be as happy as mine:) and good luck with your new compressor:thumbsup: but mine is bigger than yours' ha ha ha:):):)

My mate who is also my boss and looks after me very well has his own painting company so I was clever enough to buy this in his company name so he can claim the tax back for himself:thumbsup:

Congrats Malky but an air compressor is not like a tractor so it should not have had a left only wheel and a right only wheel LMAO...

Well done @maffie for finding and sharing such a good deal .

Congrats Malky but an air compressor is not like a tractor so it should not have had a left only wheel and a right only wheel LMAO...

Well done @maffie for finding and sharing such a good deal .

So are you trying to tell me my wife was playing around and taking advantage my stupidity, how dare you accuse her of such a thing, she loves me, I know she does, she lets me do cool stuff like wash dishes and cook and all sorts, she even let me buy my own vacuum cleaner, AND she says at the end of the month she'll buy me a new ironing board:thumbsup: I'm a little disappointed in you Herb, I thought you were better than thatlollollollol

Excellent. Enjoy. Looks like those motors are now coming out on all sorts of compressors. Over here they started showing up and a 24l one sells for about €160 ($180)(£140) and the 50l for €300 ($330)(£250). Mine is only a 6l and 5 years ago I payed what that 50l costs now.

Excellent. Enjoy. Looks like those motors are now coming out on all sorts of compressors. Over here they started showing up and a 24l one sells for about €160 ($180)(£140) and the 50l for €300 ($330)(£250). Mine is only a 6l and 5 years ago I payed what that 50l costs now.

I paid €235 for this one which is 21 liters or 5.5 gallon, I had a my eye on one I saw on YouTube from Implotec around the same size but it was €385 and only available form Germany, the post would have brought it to over 400.

A while back a local company we do work for now and again have a spray cabin which they hire out to small boat and furniture companies, they offered to let me use the cabin free of charge as long as I use my own gun and compressor so I can actually take them up on that now, I can hit enough boards in a short day there to last me easily six months or more, I'll finally get to use my mini gun which I've had since way back last year but never used it yet:thumbsup:

Oooooh, it looks like a nice one too. I'm sure you are going to be very happy with it. So, now let's put it to work.. :glasses:

looks like a beaut. But you do realise now everyone will be able to hear you cursing. That's why its better I use my noisy beast, it might make people go deaf, but still better for delicate ears lol.

Oooooh, it looks like a nice one too. I'm sure you are going to be very happy with it. So, now let's put it to work.. :glasses:

LOL, I need some parts for it but luckily all the parts I need I already had from using another noisier compressor years ago, I got rid of that one because of the noise but kept all the parts including a desk mounted trap/regulator, they are all in a box somewhere downstairs in the garage so the next job this afternoon is to root them out:confused::confused::), I also have a hose there but it was very long so I might go and pick up a shorter one:)

This is the 24l available locally.
View attachment 44611

and this is the 50l.
View attachment 44612

The top one looks just the same as mine except for the colour which I like:thumbsup: but as long as it's not green I'm happy:)

looks like a beaut. But you do realise now everyone will be able to hear you cursing. That's why its better I use my noisy beast, it might make people go deaf, but still better for delicate ears lol.

LOL, I never curse:toesies::toesies::lipssealed::whistling: My wife came to me just as I was typing my reply to Andre here and asked me if I'm sure I can actually use this in the house so I just this minute switched it on and since since she could here me speak from across the room she's happy too, once I get the parts out of the garage I'll be putting the compressor into the adjacent room on a little shelf with some carpet on it to dampen vibration, the separating wall is a soft block that I can drill through very easy to feed the airline onto my desk mounted regulator, this is detachable and will hang on the wall when it's not in use.

Aside from getting the compressor set up (two minute job once I find the bits) I now have everything I need, decent brush, loads of paint, new easel, new rolling cabinet for my essentials and a selection of daylight LED lamps for the dark winter nights:thumbsup: now all I need are time, patience and talent:)

Not often you hear a bloke wanting a shorter hose. (just thought Id lower the tone myself before anyone else did)

I've always wanted a shorter hose, got sick of tripping over mine and three quarters of it never got used:confused::confused::confused:, I could give you a bollocking for jacking my thread but since I did it myself in my very first post, I suppose that would make me a hypocrite, lol

So are you trying to tell me my wife was playing around and taking advantage my stupidity, how dare you accuse her of such a thing, she loves me, I know she does, she lets me do cool stuff like wash dishes and cook and all sorts, she even let me buy my own vacuum cleaner, AND she says at the end of the month she'll buy me a new ironing board:thumbsup: I'm a little disappointed in you Herb, I thought you were better than thatlollollollol
Well for the record the other cool stuff is called I-wash, I-vacuum and your waiting on the latest version of the I-iron with optional board feature ...LOL
I think she was testing you on the wheels :D

Aaaaah, the old Time, Patience and Talent. When you find a link for the TPT store, can you let me know, cant seem to find any anywhere lol.

Now you're set with shiny new stuff, you'll be bombarding us with talent.

Not often you hear a bloke wanting a shorter hose. (just thought Id lower the tone myself before anyone else did)

you beat me to it
:thumbsup: now all I need are time, patience and talent:)

When you find some time and talent can you please let me know the web address, I've been looking for years. I've got plenty of patience if you need some :)

Need to do that dna test bro pmsl.
Why? We know what the answer will be. So far the only difference between us is you like your rides to have two wheels, I prefer 4........
but we're both happy as long as they're going fast

Hey Malky... Did you have any wheels left over for Squishy, she's missing a couple lol

Why? We know what the answer will be. So far the only difference between us is you like your rides to have two wheels, I prefer 4........
but we're both happy as long as they're going fast

Hey Malky... Did you have any wheels left over for Squishy, she's missing a couple lol

No wheels left over, my wife helped me put it together:) but if I may make a suggestion, if you like four wheels get two bikes, or meet Squishy in the middle and get one bike and a side car, my problem solving skills are second to none, sometimes I even amaze myself :thumbsup:

Ha ha, two bikes for the win! A trike is good though. 3 wheels is halfway, and they are a blast to ride.

Anyway, I don't have any wheels missing, but I might have a screw loose. Luckily I don't have any nuts that need tightening lol.

Back