Iwata Micron and Creos PS770 part compatibilty question

Nessus

Needle-chuck Ninja
I know the needles and nozzles and heads are compatible (which is very good to know), but I'm wondering about other parts as well.

Specifically this handle. I have a "Kustom" preset handle on my Eclipse, and like how the flared end fits the back of my hand. If the PS770 handle can fit my CM-SB, I'd love to try it. But it's a bit on the pricey side, and not something I NEED, so I want to find out if it will fit OK with the Micron body and preset knob before I spend the cash.

Thanks!

This is a PS771 handle, same as the 770, just with the bright chrome rather than a frosted finish. Depending on what version of the Micron, you just need to be aware of the needle length. The V2 needle stop has no through hole, so V1 needle is too long, it will need to be cut down from the back to fit. On this V1 Micron, if I screw the needle stop in all the way, the needle protrudes from the back about 1/4" (it is a stock 771 needle - same length as a V1). If I was going to leave the handle, I would just clip the needle... I put it together simply because you asked the question.

micron-with-771-handle1.jpg

Thanks! Is the V2 needle shorter than the V1? My Micron is a V2 SB. I have a K33 needle in it, but the length is the same as the stock (V2) needle, and does not interfere with the needle stop.

Is the PS770/771 handle shorter than the Micron (V2) handle, or is this strictly a V1 Micron difference?

Or in other words: if all my Micron parts are V2, would this handle work "as is", or would I still need to clip the needle?

Last edited:
So, little update: I went ahead and ordered the part. And I do like it better than the stock handle.

The flare doesn't make a huge difference (it makes a difference, just not nearly a big enough one to be a thing), but what does make a big difference is the corrugations on the cutout spans. Makes the handle "grab" the back of your finger/hand in a way that stabilizes the brush very solidly compared to the stock handle. It felt very weird at first, but the more I use it, the more I appreciate it. This one will be staying on my brush.

Probably depends a lot on how you hold your brush. If you're one of those who hold it in a quasi-pistol grip, it probably won't make a difference. If you're one who holds it in a pen grip (like me), it's a mod worth considering IMO.

Back