Micron comparison

Wondering if the H&S Grafo T1 is comparable or better than the SP-A

Two different animals ;). The Grafo is larger, and more open between trigger, paint res, and tip. The fixed double action trigger also gives it a very different character. I really like my T1, but in all honestly, if push comes to shove I would reach for the Olympos 9 out of 10 times, I am sure. It is a bit smaller, and more "pen" like to use. Will work at lower pressure, and I find it easier to control.

But, and this is a pretty big but o_O - my SP- A is not stock. I modified an Iwata nozzle cap to fit it, used an Iwata nozzle, and needle from a Creos PS770. The performance is very, very nice. The biggest difference comes in the smallest of details, and the ability to keep a consistent pattern going. Unmodified, the stock spray pattern is a bit softer, requires a bit more air pressure. Details are not quite as clean, and the needle is terribly delicate. I also find paint initiation to be a bit more ambiguous when it is just an Olympos...

I will throw one more wrench into the works ;) If you are looking at the Grafo - very nice brush, incredibly well made, interchangeable parts with the Infinity, etc... you may also consider a Hansa 281. The Hansa does use different needles and nozzles than the other H&S brushes, but I find I actually prefer using the Hansa. It is a little smaller, about a 1/4" shorter up front then the others. It is also a bit lighter... has the same fixed double action trigger as the Grafo. This brush is a sleeper, in my opinion.

Two different animals ;). The Grafo is larger, and more open between trigger, paint res, and tip. The fixed double action trigger also gives it a very different character. I really like my T1, but in all honestly, if push comes to shove I would reach for the Olympos 9 out of 10 times, I am sure. It is a bit smaller, and more "pen" like to use. Will work at lower pressure, and I find it easier to control.

But, and this is a pretty big but o_O - my SP- A is not stock. I modified an Iwata nozzle cap to fit it, used an Iwata nozzle, and needle from a Creos PS770. The performance is very, very nice. The biggest difference comes in the smallest of details, and the ability to keep a consistent pattern going. Unmodified, the stock spray pattern is a bit softer, requires a bit more air pressure. Details are not quite as clean, and the needle is terribly delicate. I also find paint initiation to be a bit more ambiguous when it is just an Olympos...

I will throw one more wrench into the works ;) If you are looking at the Grafo - very nice brush, incredibly well made, interchangeable parts with the Infinity, etc... you may also consider a Hansa 281. The Hansa does use different needles and nozzles than the other H&S brushes, but I find I actually prefer using the Hansa. It is a little smaller, about a 1/4" shorter up front then the others. It is also a bit lighter... has the same fixed double action trigger as the Grafo. This brush is a sleeper, in my opinion.

thanks for the info i went ahead and grabbed a SP-A (at half price :thumbsup:) and now i'm thinking about doing the PS770 needle swap, is that something you think would help a great deal with it & would the stock nozzle work or go with the iwata or PS770 nozzle?

thanks for the info i went ahead and grabbed a SP-A (at half price :thumbsup:) and now i'm thinking about doing the PS770 needle swap, is that something you think would help a great deal with it & would the stock nozzle work or go with the iwata or PS770 nozzle?

On the SP series brushes, the nozzle is designed to work with the long taper Olympos needle. They don't seal real great with the shorter taper Iwata, or Procon needles. The Nozzle cap is also a spec that will not work as well with the different nozzles... Changing parts with a different brand will require part(s) to be modified - if you are not prepared/able to make a physical mod, they are best left as is.

So it was you the one that grab it wile I was refreshing the page!!![emoji2959]

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Back