My new addition to my collection finally arrived! Paasche Patented Feb 25, 1908

lisaamalia

Gravity Guru
Hello Everyone,
I hope you are all having a good week. Today, the new member to my little collection has arrived📦🥳. I bought since it looked so amazing! An American made Paasche according to my research, thanks to many of you here. The trigger moves well, although it has the obvious wear, and a little abuse. I don't intend to use it, just admire it :love: Have a wonderful week everyone...off to work on my art! 🙏 👩‍🎨

VintageAirbrush-Pat-Feb25-1908D-sm.jpg
VintageAirbrush-Pat-Feb25-1908B-sms.jpg

Beautiful!
Does it work? Is it complete?
Keep in mind, the patent date is not very relevant to manufacturing date. Only assumption we can make is that it was made after that date. Patent information can be used for years in a product.

Thanks,
Ismael

Thank you 2Diverse for your compliments! I do really like it. I'm going to see if any of my other vintage cups fit 🤔
This is a very interesting AB Lisa. Great score!

I'd be curious to know if a Paasche H cup would fit.

I have a Wold N that is somewhat similar.
2Diverse, I just realized one thing...I don't have a Paasche H Cups. But I did try some other airbrushes' cups and this one on the new photo seem to work :eek: I think it's from an older Iwata, or maybe Paasche (I need to keep better track of these 😁) It fits ok, once its long pipe goes in, it seems snuggled. I'll keep you posted if I ever find the right cup for it, I then may try it with paint one day. For now, I have to get ready to paint a little 😁

VintageAirbrush-Pat-Feb25-1908-withCup-sm.jpg

I have a cup from this style brush - they are odd, in that they have a long feed tube that curls in several directions before entering the brush. Mine is from a type F that is maybe a little older than this one- the handle on this one appears to be aluminum, which puts it much closer to the 1930's. On the other hand, if it fits, it will work!

I'll post a pict once I get back into the studio -

I have a cup from this style brush - they are odd, in that they have a long feed tube that curls in several directions before entering the brush. Mine is from a type F that is maybe a little older than this one- the handle on this one appears to be aluminum, which puts it much closer to the 1930's. On the other hand, if it fits, it will work!

I'll post a pict once I get back into the studio -
Thank you for the details and the future photos, when and if possible, of course. I do intend to collect more Paasche, starting with the more vintage...especially the AB Turbo 😃 -Lisa

Can you hold the brush somewhat comfortably with that cup on it Lisa?

If / when you disassemble it post pictures please. I'd like to see what makes it tick.

Guarantees you siphon every drop of paint out of that!
it also has a micro mesh screen filter in the bottom to make sure you could keep on painting until you got every last drop... The one pictured is ca.1910-1915. Love the effort they used to put into manufacturing!

This was the design of the first side feed color cup, which was then adapted to siphon feed by changing the angle of the feed tube where it connects to the brush.

Can you hold the brush somewhat comfortably with that cup on it Lisa?

If / when you disassemble it post pictures please. I'd like to see what makes it tick.
Hi 2Diverse, sorry I missed your question. I will share photos of however far I may get by taking it apart since it looks to be pretty involved :D The parts by the trigger are very small and I have no manual, but I'll research on it. I will try and remove the back parts of it. I'll keep you posted once I do! -Lisa

I've been thinking about this one - the only reference I have been able to find is a Paasche Model D-D. The examples I have found have the nozzle and paint path underneath, rather than on the side. The trigger looks t be the same as the early AB Turbo (actually at the atime Model A and Model B). That screw to the left of the trigger seems to be in the same sort of location that the AB has an air blast adjustment -

Is there a small rod visible between the body and nozzle configuration on the right side? I think this brush is actually a double action - with the ability to control the needle.

I've been thinking about this one - the only reference I have been able to find is a Paasche Model D-D. The examples I have found have the nozzle and paint path underneath, rather than on the side. The trigger looks t be the same as the early AB Turbo (actually at the atime Model A and Model B). That screw to the left of the trigger seems to be in the same sort of location that the AB has an air blast adjustment -

Is there a small rod visible between the body and nozzle configuration on the right side? I think this brush is actually a double action - with the ability to control the needle.
Hi Dave,

I just saw your question here about my vintage airbrush🤔. I also think it's a double-action airbrush since when I press the trigger it goes down, and then it can be pulled back. I tried to unscrew the tail to see inside but it seems a little tight😬. I didn't want to disturb it. I'm just so afraid about damaging it being that this airbrush has some years behind it🧐. Here are some closeup photos of the right and left sides. I took these this morning 📸 Thank you for sharing your insight about these vintage airbrushes🙏! Enjoy your weekend!😊 -Lisa

Vintage-DoubleAct-Pat1908-sm1.jpgVintage-DoubleAct-Pat1908-sm2.jpgVintage-DoubleAct-Pat1908-sm5.jpgVintage-DoubleAct-Pat1908-sm6.jpgVintage-DoubleAct-Pat1908-sm7.jpg

Back