Which Airbrush would you choose?

I'll give coast a call maybe they can give a quick tutorial on HOK paint.. I'm getting there and learning thanks to you guys. I just called about 5 autobody shops and one of them said they probably have a bunch of extra paint to give me. That's cool.

I'll give coast a call maybe they can give a quick tutorial on HOK paint.. I'm getting there and learning thanks to you guys. I just called about 5 autobody shops and one of them said they probably have a bunch of extra paint to give me. That's cool.

Well that could be cool , depends on how old it is and if it had been opened and resealed properly.
But none the less worth a go.

If you're going to use HOK products, I recommend purchasing a copy of their tech manual (Coast sells this too and it's not that expensive). The manual contains the tech sheets for every HOK product. Anytime you have a question regarding any HOK product, the tech sheet will answer your question.

I'll definitely get that.. I want some of their pearl paint that stuff looks bad ass.. Also, how come nobody ever mentions harder Steenbeck airbrushes? Those look like some really nice brushes.. Do they have less sellers or something? The two names that kept coming up when I was doing airbrush research was iwata & badger.. Maybe Steenbeck has less marketing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358555571.318839.jpg

h and s are a german manufacturer so a bit easier to get hold of in europe than the states, they come at a premium due to import export costs, the infinity 2 in 1 is so great brush as ferret will tell you but you can get similar results with a badger krome for a 3rd of the price......krome also comes with the fine and ultra fine needle setup..... a lot of people are faithful to a particular brand so some swear by iwata, but replacement parts are extortionate for a brush like the micron (h and s infinity main competitor) so the krome is an excellent choice off brush......josh should have his by now.....lets see what he can pull of with that!

there is allot of talk about H&S the infinity is a very popular brush I own 3 harder & steenbeck brushes an infinity a grafo and a silver line the infinity would also be a good brush for you.
I'll definitely get that.. I want some of their pearl paint that stuff looks bad ass.. Also, how come nobody ever mentions harder Steenbeck airbrushes? Those look like some really nice brushes.. Do they have less sellers or something? The two names that kept coming up when I was doing airbrush research was iwata & badger.. Maybe Steenbeck has less marketing.

View attachment 9209

I got evolution with .15 set up, and its a detail beast, I've used my iwata hpcplus always. But for detail i pick the hs up. The infinity is a bit more exspensive, but it will serve u better in detail.

Yeah, I'll go all out on day on a H&S once I get good enough to actually use one. My freehand really sucks. I can't even paint a line, and then go back over the same line without overlapping. I guess practice makes perfect I hope. Maybe I'll take couple airbrush classes.

Back