I honestly wasn't prepared for this...

what I do find interesting is paasche turbo vs takumi micron. Didn't try any of those 2, but I thought paasche would win. Don't know why to be honest. I am glad you like your new airbrush so much. You have a good day, that is for sure. :)

quite a nice selection of toys you got there :thumbsup: 😁
I had the first Iwata as my only brush for 30 years. The over the following 10 added the other two. The H&S kind of sent me down the rabbit hole as in coincided with the kids off to college on full rides, freeing up some capital.

I probably could have avoided the Olympos and 771 had I thought I'd be in the market for the Takumi. It ended up being a perfect storm of unexpected cash in the form of a 3 year old tax return and stumbling on a just expiring sale from Art Supply Warehouse in CA. It was a link from Iwata as an authorized dealer (I never heard of them) and the sale was 25% off everything. So instead of my intention to cool my heels and find one direct from the Home Islands, I had to jump on the $380 all in price they had. A few hours after I ordered it, their website was updated to the regular price of $515. I mean, I had no choice, right?

My others (except the Turbos) will all get work on models and animation figures, they're not going in a drawer or anything.

The Micron will only see Createx Illustration and be for canvas work.

what I do find interesting is paasche turbo vs takumi micron. Didn't try any of those 2, but I thought paasche would win. Don't know why to be honest. I am glad you like your new airbrush so much. You have a good day, that is for sure. :)
Even the Turbo that I just rebuilt with all new parts is still a temperamental beast. It's fun, but if I want to just paint, which most of us do when we can, I'll have a better experience with the H&S or Creos. I'm sure if I spend a few months trying, it may be different.

Kirk is a fixture at Iwata (Medea)

I adore my Takumi(s). I find that I reach for the Eclipse version quite often. Congrats on the acquisition!
I blame/thank you Dave.

It was your comment that the Takumi is close to my T&C Model As, which are my favorite brushes in terms of comfort.

I like the 771, but to me it's so long it's more akin to using a long handled brush for oils. The Model A is more like using a worn pencil.

Normally it wouldn't matter, model painting sessions don't last long enough for comfort to become an issue, but my retirement plans include a lot of time in front of a canvas, one of those itches I've meaning to scratch since I first saw Giger's work back in the 70s.

I also grabbed a Silentaire Super Silent. No need to listen to a compressor drone on for 5 hours straight.

Back