Iwata CM-SB or HP-SB plus

Arlin

Young Tutorling
I want to switch from gravity feed to side feed, because I think I will be able to stay online better with a side feed. Or, at least that is my hope anyway. Is there that much of a difference in the CM vs the HP-SB plus, with such a small difference in needle size? I can find many videos on the CM-SB but very very few on the HP-SB plus. Is the difference in the two worth the 200$ price difference?

I have run an eclipse for a long time and have a micron as well. The hi-line series look great but I'm yet to be convinced there is particular benefit of it over the eclipse as far as quality goes. Slightly smaller needle (plus and minus points there). Either one you buy you won't be making a bad decision!

I have both airbrushes and the cm SB is the better airbrush but the HP SB+ is a close second it just needs a bit more experience to get the same fine detail as you get from the CM SB
if the CM is worth the extra 200 now that is all up to you , I know I started out with the HP SB+ and I still use it from time to time but when I had my first go with the CM I knew I wanted one as it was much easier to get the fine details

I also have both models and can say the same things as Ronald did.
CM is better for more fine close up work. Besides, CM has finer atomized spray and can work at lower pressures than SB+, for many this feature is great.

You do not get a side feed in the Hi-line series. In the HP+ series like the heading yes. I don't like the HP-H or the HP+ series because of their screw in nozzles. If they had nozzles like the Eclipse or the heads like the Microns they would have been the choice of most.

Thank you guys for the feedback. After reading your comments I think I will have to wait and get the CM-SB. I know if I get the HP-SB+ now it will always be nagging me in the back of my head that I should have got the micron. Thanks again.

Back