Iwata HP-CS and pancake compressor

Unintentionally? I thought it was usually on porpoise.
You see Jake10. We have Evil villain of posting on this forum -.-
giphy.gif

Evil villains, Gargoyles and angry Dragons... jake may not want to hang around lol

Lol, it's all good fellas. I truly appreciate the help given so far. I just received my Vallejo Air paints and thinner. My Paasche trap/regulator should be here today as well. If airbrushing inside, do I need a resperator or anything?

With those paints, what kind of mix and pressing should I use?

Lol, it's all good fellas. I truly appreciate the help given so far. I just received my Vallejo Air paints and thinner. My Paasche trap/regulator should be here today as well. If airbrushing inside, do I need a resperator or anything?

With those paints, what kind of mix and pressing should I use?
yes, you do need respirator. Not the one for dust. You can pick the right one in online airbrush store without problem. Just a thought, IMHO it's better to invest in good respirator which will be on you many hours and you will be comfortable wearing that respirator, then buying the cheapest one and hating every second wearing this. Just a thought.

I use this one:
https://www.air-craft.net/acatalog/3M-7500-Half-Mask-Airbrushing-Pack-3M7500ABK.html#SID=23

I would guess you can find many models which you will like in States. If you are new to respirators ,check negative positive pressure testing for respirators. If you are not, forget about this :D

The short answer for what kinda mix and pressure settings(PSI) you should use, would be the one which works for you, paint sprays nicely and you don't get spiders.

Now here is little longer... I use right now 55 constant psi 10 drop color with 3 drop reducer = when I am spraying on t-shirt - this works for me, kinda :D

I also use right now 15 constant psi with 1 drop color and 3 drop of reducer and I have bunch of issues, need to find better ratio = spraying on glass

So the answer is kinda tricky , right?

But like Robby would say, poor that paint inside, add some reducer, press that trigger and tada

giphy.gif

yea right...It's more like this

giphy.gif

lol

Weeell, n type (dust mask) is all model air would call for.
Same as any Astm-4236 paint.

But if you're sensitive you can run an organic vapor cartridge type if you want.

yep Jack10, I don't have a clue about that color and what kinda respirator for it. Trust Robby ;) I thought dust respirators are a no no lol

Robby, if using an Iwata HP-CS and Vallejo Model Air, do you have a suggestion on mix and pressure? I am painting 3d printed parts. Thanks.

As long as it's model air I'd go straight and 20 psi.

If you need to go real detailed then 15 psi and add some of the reducer until it sprays the same.

Astm 4236D paints like basically all the " non solvent"airbrush paint i can think of really only require a disposable n type, which most would call a dust mask, though it isn't really.

I remember reading this somewhere, just can't remember where .does the Paasche R-75 need to be mounted to something or can it just be installed inline?

Inline.
Really whichever you want.

Some run a hose then mount it and then connect the ab hose to remotely locate the air compressor

Robby, would any N95 mask be good? I found some at my local Home Depot.

Robby, would any N95 mask be good? I found some at my local Home Depot.
As long as you don't use it for other paints , it fits well, and youre not sensitive to stuff like windex then yes, according to osha standards.

I like the 3m with the valves on front. Which I think are r95 but basically the same thing with oil resistance.

Hey fellas, I know it's been awhile but I finally got around to getting my setup going. Wanted to thank everyone for their help again. Attached are some pictures of my first airbrush job, the black detail parts are the places I airbrushed. I used the green painters tape and it gave great lines. What do you think?

Attachments

• Front left.jpg
    Front left.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Front right.jpg
    Front right.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 13
Hey fellas, I know it's been awhile but I finally got around to getting my setup going. Wanted to thank everyone for their help again. Attached are some pictures of my first airbrush job, the black detail parts are the places I airbrushed. I used the green painters tape and it gave great lines. What do you think?
I like it. You sell those? :cool:

Back