Questions about the interchangeability of olympos and iwata parts.

GREAT

Young Tutorling
I used an iwata cm series nozzle base to replace the L3 nozzle base of the olympos MP200c. The rest of the accessories are from olympos MP200c. Because the nozzle base of the iwata CM series is the same as the S3 nozzle base of Olympos, I wanted to try to see if I can achieve the same effect as the S3 of Olympos by replacing the nozzle base of the iwata CM series. But the result is that my modified airbrush cannot spray anything at all, and the airflow feels very small. I would like to ask if you can help me find out what is the reason?

The part in the picture is the nozzle base of iwata. I only replaced the part in the picture to olympos, the other parts are from olymposMP200c.00d903ff22418b7e42f5961b20d2c85.jpg

you are having issues because they are not the same. If you want to use Iwata parts, you should use the entire head assembly and needle. If you want to use Olympos use the entire head assembly and needle. There are only a few thousands of an inch difference between them, but they are important thousands. The nozzle post on the Iwata head is not the same length as the Olympos post because the nozzles are not the same. The threading on the nozzle caps, while being the same size, is not done the same between the two - so they don't align correctly with the opposite brands nozzle post, or head base.

you are having issues because they are not the same. If you want to use Iwata parts, you should use the entire head assembly and needle. If you want to use Olympos use the entire head assembly and needle. There are only a few thousands of an inch difference between them, but they are important thousands. The nozzle post on the Iwata head is not the same length as the Olympos post because the nozzles are not the same. The threading on the nozzle caps, while being the same size, is not done the same between the two - so they don't align correctly with the opposite brands nozzle post, or head base.

Turns out that's the reason, thanks a lot Dave!

Back