Poster Board

you're being to hard on yourself Rick. For someone so new to all this you are doing fine.
You've only just started this silly airbrushing thing we call fun. I dont know about the rest of the gang here but i can certainly remember having all the same issues / thoughts about my work when i started.

Keep doing what you are doing, ask for input when your struggling and we will be here to help you along the way. This time next year you'll be amazed at your improvement.

some take to airbrushing like a duck to water, others take their time before everything starts to come together.

Those with art backgrounds of some sort have a much shorter journey.
Some just find it easier than others. I still have those 'i should be better than i am' moments
You'll get there Rick, You've got that stubborn nature that wont let this beat you.

Those with art backgrounds of some sort have a much shorter journey.

What happened to me then,o_O

Stop talking like that Rick, just keep practicing, you're probably the only person that can't see progress:)

What happened to me then,o_O

Stop talking like that Rick, just keep practicing, you're probably the only person that can't see progress:)

You do just fine malky,

Neither of you 'can see the forest for the trees'

Rick the first couple of years when I started airbrushing I felt I should be a lot further along then I was . My dagger strokes sucked , Paint would spider out on me even if I did not even have it reduced . It just seemed no matter what I did nothing worked like those I watched in videos . '
About to chuck it all in I got a chance to get a micron brand new for a really good price. once I got the nerve to try it everything started working like I thought it should have been for a long while.
Now I am not saying buy a micron, You have good brushes and you are putting in the practice time. You will get the hang of it.
But now here is something to try .
Take a piece of poster board , Get a rattle can of white primer and prime it . Do nothing to it after it dry , no scuffing at all. Then try to paint on it.
The rougher surface helps prevent spidering , You just need to make it to that Ah ha moment when thing just start falling in place .

Im still working on it and i will try your suggestion. Im not giving up. I just get frustrated. Im a fast learner but this is kickin my butt.

As a fellow beginner, I have tons of problems with posterboard and spidering. Not as much since I got the procon boy (It just does not blow a lot of air to do the job) Still plenty of problems, you get more used to it though and It's probably the thing I've been picking up the most gradually. It's tough and totally unique to airbrushing.

Airbrushing is one of very few things where I don't get frustrated. Maybe thats why my girlfriend encourages it? ;) The last time I was home I was actually excited- things started falling into place for once. I started being able to solve my own problems. One thing I notice with you Rick is when you get frustrated you "pack everything up"- if you relax and try to sort out whats going on, youll learn faster. Airbrushing is a lot about solving problems, and learning how to work through those problems can be a frustrating experience. Its even worse for me due to only having a few days to work things out!

I dont pack it all up just brushes i shouldnt be using. Yeah i get fusterated, but ive said someehere on this forum ive had medical issues that robbed me of being able to control that frustration better. It robbed me of alot of things :(

And im not making excuse. Myself ive learned to deal with it. Walking away from it for awhile is how i deal with it.

Rick you are the only one who knows how you need to deal with it , So if it is working then just keep doing it.

It works. Ive been messin with my restorations of hotwheels. Then i hit the paint table for a hour or so of practice. Dagger strokes are looking better.

I found some of the old hot wheels I had as a kid, My son's claimed then and they put them in display cases mainly cause it was the ones I never opened.

Back