3 Old Beauties

The little threaded pin which holds the trigger in place: anyone know what rhe size thread is or might be? Mine is just a piece of wire at the moment so I’d like to buy a tiny bolt online if i can find one so small and with the right thread.

The little threaded pin which holds the trigger in place: anyone know what rhe size thread is or might be? Mine is just a piece of wire at the moment so I’d like to buy a tiny bolt online if i can find one so small and with the right thread.
I have a bunch of errands to attend to this morning. When I get back I will get into the studio and see if I can't measure mine. I'll post back again with anything I find.

Which pin do You mean Wiz?
image.jpg
See the hole next to the red bit, my eye sight isn’t great now but I believe that’s threaded, so I assume it’s meant to have a pin with a thread and a slot to undo it with a tiny screwdriver.

Also, btw, I made a better qc air connector but it’s a bit tight so I need to resize it and hopefully then it will work well and I’ll print one for you and get it to you, probably in the next week.
image.jpg

I am pretty sure that is a custom made part for the application... If it is any comfort, I will probably be making one sooner or later, as mine shattered at the head when I went to take it out the second time (to photograph). It was very brittle.

I am pretty sure that is a custom made part for the application... If it is any comfort, I will probably be making one sooner or later, as mine shattered at the head when I went to take it out the second time (to photograph). It was very brittle.
Oh no, I feel bad that your favour for me led to it shattering. Sorry about that. It’s no wonder they break being so small.

Oh no, I feel bad that your favour for me led to it shattering. Sorry about that. It’s no wonder they break being so small.
don't feel too bad - this is a parts brush. I will eventually repair it... same thought I had when part of the head turned to dust - "no wonder it was missing"

I have one of those Russian Airbrush. It is a single action, meaning it has constant air on you only move the needle with the trigger. The needle is very fragile especially the thread on the end. But for that price you really made a very good bargain for those three👍👍👍

I have one of those Russian Airbrush. It is a single action, meaning it has constant air on you only move the needle with the trigger. The needle is very fragile especially the thread on the end. But for that price you really made a very good bargain for those three👍👍👍
I have yet to try it but it has a good weight to it. It doesn’t feel cheap. Does yours spray well?

I’ll probably sell mine even if it sprays well because I need to have funds to buy more brushes for my collection!

Some of you may have figured out by now that I’m an idiot. Or at least incompetent.

So i decided to take the needle packing seal out because I wondered if it would be leather or not (it is) I undid it from the front, but it then got a bit stuck and didn’t want to come out the front and i managed to get it out the side ports (for the paint cups) somehow but now I cannot manage to get it back into the brush. Anyone dumb enough (or competent enough) to take theirs out (and get it back in again)? What’s the trick?

image.jpg

It has been too long ago that I took mine apart like that for me to recall the full details - but, I am certain it was not through the side port. I will take a look at it again in the morning...

OK, that is what I thought. I had to poke mine out through the side much the way you did, I suppose. The seal and retaining screw gets reinstalled through the front. The screw is the same thread size and pitch as the head post. I had to clean the back of the threads (just in front of the color cup feed hole) really well before I could get the screw to pass through without getting bound, but it eventually went in without issue. I had a very difficult time getting the retaining screw to come out the front...

Back